Simple Soarer love

Webdragon

How about an update to the FT Simple soarer? maybe a bigger wing or maybe add flaps or go hog wild an redesign the whole airframe like i did.
IMG_20210705_220627.jpg
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...soarer-build&usg=AOvVaw0qemuJuma7LMYqL6GvApJT

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...soarer-build&usg=AOvVaw0qemuJuma7LMYqL6GvApJT

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
cooolll...
i've got a 1.7m hotwired wing that i want to put on a motor glider.... PPC, with a 2200mah battery.. hopefully i can get it to fly really slowly.. at a really low throttle %.. for nice long flights

Webdragon

i extended my wing to a full 60 inches and just kept the glider nose, i am going to set it up with a pusher prop. The booms are arrow shafts and i used a 3rd one inside the wing to give the spar some more strength.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Try a 60" Armin Wing, experimental airlines style.

Put that on a regular Simple Soarer with a power pod. You will really enjoy that experience.

Tench745

Master member
Try a 60" Armin Wing, experimental airlines style.

Put that on a regular Simple Soarer with a power pod. You will really enjoy that experience.

I put an Armin wing on my soarer a while ago now. It is a lot slipperier than the FT wing: it flew faster and farther than the FT wing in the same conditions. The FT wing is draggier, but also produced more lift than an Armin wing of the same size and thickness. I stay aloft longer in lift with the FT wing than I could with the Armin wing and the FT wing behaved more predictably in turns. I kept my Simple Soarer as a 3ch, so it took a good amount of experimentation with dihedral and wingtip camber of the Armin wing to stop it from stalling out of tight turns. If I'd added ailerons, it may have been okay.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
I put an Armin wing on my soarer a while ago now. It is a lot slipperier than the FT wing: it flew faster and farther than the FT wing in the same conditions. The FT wing is draggier, but also produced more lift than an Armin wing of the same size and thickness. I stay aloft longer in lift with the FT wing than I could with the Armin wing and the FT wing behaved more predictably in turns. I kept my Simple Soarer as a 3ch, so it took a good amount of experimentation with dihedral and wingtip camber of the Armin wing to stop it from stalling out of tight turns. If I'd added ailerons, it may have been okay.
Totally agree.