Slope Soaring Simulators ?

CthulhuJon

I got back into making some RC gliders due to being stuck at home lately, r- discovered I loving making them ( after a 40 year break ), but finding it hard to get out to a slope to learn to fly, with job/family/covid woes. I found one slope simulator CRRCSim, which is pretty nice, but also pretty dated and clunky to get working on a big screen, with correct aspect ratio, plus some joystick difficulties. I finally got it working with a PS4 controller.
Are there any other good Slope sims out there that people know of ? Where you could perhaps adjust the wind, turbulence, etc..
I'm half temped to try and make one ( I'm a programmer )
Cheers !

CthulhuJon

pica sim is very good for sloping.
Thanks Bo :), I think I tried it on my phone previously, but was looking for something I could control with a joystick... or maybe it can connect to a bluetooth controller ? I'll give it another try :)

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
RealFlight on a PC has all sorts of different scenarios, including Slope Soaring. I have a USB RX that lets me bind my "real" TX to my PC so I am flying with the same TX I use at the field. FrSky and Spektrum both have similar USB RX dongles.

CthulhuJon

Re:- RealFlight, looks real nice, but $100 !!!! is a bit steep. thats almost double the price of triple-a game. Cheaper than making my own app though I suppose. heh

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Re:- RealFlight, looks real nice, but $100 !!!! is a bit steep. thats almost double the price of triple-a game. Cheaper than making my own app though I suppose. heh
Yeah plausible. But in my case the number of real world crashes required to get my line of sight flying skills up has been greatly reduced. Very much worth from that perspective. Yes, I still crash in the real world too. LOL

Bo123

Elite member
Thanks Bo :), I think I tried it on my phone previously, but was looking for something I could control with a joystick... or maybe it can connect to a bluetooth controller ? I'll give it another try :)
You can get it on pc, and it does have joystick support.