So I may be dumb, but

LUMBERCAVER

So I'ma make this quick so I got a 120 a esc for my 80 mm edf that is rated for 95 a the esc comes with a 5.0 12 awg motor cable in changing it to a 4.0 I have 4.0 extension cables but they are 14 awg both are rated for 200c am I safe?

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Okay, not complaining just confused by mixed terms.
14 awg is typically rated at 15 Amp. A safe bet is to use the heavier of what is on the esc or fan. Heavier than needed costs only weight, lighter can cost you parts or the plane.

LUMBERCAVER

14 awg is typically rated at 15 Amp. A safe bet is to use the heavier of what is on the esc or fan. Heavier than needed costs only weight, lighter can cost you parts or the plane.
My dad was confused on this also. These wires came stock on the stuff so I assume it's able to support the amps because it's unrealistic to expect a 12 awg to work with a 120 amp but I'm more confused is if I use a 14 with a 12 will something horrible happen

LUMBERCAVER

Where would I even get 12 awg extension cables or would I have to buy the wire and sauter em myself?