Spektrum AR9020 Rx to the Ardupilot 2.6 APM?

Walesz

Please anyone, kindly hook me up with pictures on how to wire my Spektrum AR9020 Rx to the Ardupilot 2.6 APM. I urgently need assistance here, I don't want to fry either of the two with a wrong wire setup. I'm very very new!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
Thanks

Walesz

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
There are a lot of ways to wire up APM 2.6 to your electronics. As vk2dxn stated, the documentation is pretty good and complete, but I assume you're going with the PPM/UART single cable between the RX and APM method? That's by far the easiest. Probably more reliable as well as it reduces the amount of cables and the possiblility of mixing them up and noise/interference/bad connections. That's what I'm planning to do when I get my APM 2.6 (late May delivery)

I'm just starting to get the parts I'll need, but to use the PPM connection, you will need to jumper two of the signal pins on the input side, and plug the ppm output into the channel 1 pins. I think the tricker part of connecting it (either arducopter or arduplane) is the power part. Trying to decide now if I need a separate BEC to power the servos or if I can continue to draw it from the flight battery if I install a slightly bigger ESC with a beefier built-in BEC. I currently have a 20A ESC paired with an EMAX 2210/11 motor with an 8x4 prop. LemonRX 10 channel with satelite RX (which gives me the PPM/UART), and two micro (9 g)/digital servos. Bench testing shows I have enough headspace with peak Amperage hitting close to 14A... but, APM is supposed to add about 2.6A draw, and I'm not sure if that includes the GPS, telemetry radio, and minimOSD I plan to add... My guess is not, so I will either need to get a seperate BEC and split the power or beef up my existing ESC.