Help! Aura 5 won't go into trim mode when pushing trim button

dhall224

I've searched the board and have seen this problem but no answers....

I now have two Aura 5 boards that refuse to go into Trim Mode when pushing the Trim Button (no flashing blue light). I have seven other planes with the Aura 5 that work properly...

Here is my setup: Graupner MZ-24 Pro Tx, Graupner GR-12L 6 channel Rx using SUMD from channel 6. Plane = FliteTest Bloomin Flerken twin engine. (I have an Aura 5 in a standard FliteTest Flerken (pusher) and it works great!)

I set up the Aura using the Aura app on a PC (with differential thrust). Everything works correctly on the plane and I have flown it several times. All 3 Aura functions work correctly, ie: Off, 3 axis and 6 axis. The problem arises when I want to trim my transmitter to the board. No blue trim light on the board no matter how long I hold the trim button. The lights stay Orange/Green. This has to be a problem with my setup as I have saved this setup to two brand new Aura 5's with the same results. (Plane acts normal, all gyro functions work but no trim light.)

The only change I have made to this setup is the switch for the Aura flight modes. I changed the switch settings so the switch sequence is down = Off, Middle = 3 axis and up = 6 axis. This made more sense to me.... I've used this on several other Aura planes and not had this issue.

Any help/suggestions appreciated....

dap35

Elite member
I've searched the board and have seen this problem but no answers....

I now have two Aura 5 boards that refuse to go into Trim Mode when pushing the Trim Button (no flashing blue light). I have seven other planes with the Aura 5 that work properly...

Here is my setup: Graupner MZ-24 Pro Tx, Graupner GR-12L 6 channel Rx using SUMD from channel 6. Plane = FliteTest Bloomin Flerken twin engine. (I have an Aura 5 in a standard FliteTest Flerken (pusher) and it works great!)

I set up the Aura using the Aura app on a PC (with differential thrust). Everything works correctly on the plane and I have flown it several times. All 3 Aura functions work correctly, ie: Off, 3 axis and 6 axis. The problem arises when I want to trim my transmitter to the board. No blue trim light on the board no matter how long I hold the trim button. The lights stay Orange/Green. This has to be a problem with my setup as I have saved this setup to two brand new Aura 5's with the same results. (Plane acts normal, all gyro functions work but no trim light.)

The only change I have made to this setup is the switch for the Aura flight modes. I changed the switch settings so the switch sequence is down = Off, Middle = 3 axis and up = 6 axis. This made more sense to me.... I've used this on several other Aura planes and not had this issue.

Any help/suggestions appreciated....
Have you tried doing the quick trim through the Aura PC app?

dap35

Elite member
It is the equivalent of the trim function through the buttons on the Aura, just using the PC app.
I have used it when I stuffed the Aura 5 back where it is hard to reach.

dhall224

Anyone having this problem? See my original post above. Over the last 6 months I've received 5 Aura 5's that cannot be trimmed using the trim button on the board. Just returned 2 to FT and returned 2 to Flex last year. Have another new one in a plane. The replacements from Flex worked fine. I have maybe 10 planes with Aura 5's and the earlier ones didn't have a problem. Otherwise these boards worked fine.... just can't trim to the board.