• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Spirit of St. Louis Air Show, May 14,15 2016

Do335Dave

http://spirit-airshow.com/

If you're anywhere near St. Louis in mid-May come on out: this will be a fun show.

A couple of event officials addressed my local EAA chapter, (we'll have a tent at the show,) and ran down the list of performers and static displays. Impressive. My great uncle flew a B-29 in WWII and I'm jazzed to see the CAF's restored example. I'll be there all weekend manning the tent, and unlike previous years during which we sweated through mid-summer heat and humidity, this one's conveniently scheduled in May.

Thanks for the post, Dave! I had no idea it was coming up so soon! This is a must do for us!

Maybe I'll splurge and take the family up in the B-17 this year. :)

Do335Dave

The local CAF will be there with the B-25 and TBM Avenger, and the show site lists ride prices for them as well. Looks like the Army choppers will be giving rides: $75 in the UH-1: a little cheaper than the B-17.

Never took the B-17 ride myself, but a few years back when our chapter hosted the EAA B-17, I got to sit inside during the tours and supervise the cockpit. I probably sweated off 5 pounds, but what an awesome spot to hang out.