Sub 250g Endurance FPV Pusher V tail

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I have been working on a pusher design, using hot wire cut parts (a close approximation could be built using FT folded foam board techniques).

Right now it is sitting at 148g dry (and I see at least 5-10g of wire that could be trimmed down/out) and the goal is to use a 100g 2s li-ion battery for endurance.

CG calculator info: cCalc CG [0.98 - 1.22 in from leading edge]
WCL [@ 250g AWU]: 10.8

1642877360500.png 1642877370835.png

Glide test results from initial glide test attempts: Wing construction Glide Tests - kfm-2 vs FT folded vs hot-wired.

Glide tests on this model (had to move CG toward the farther back area of the suggested and give a touch of up trim) my son was barely able to grab from ~20ft away as it was climbing from a firm throw. I figure it has somewhere in the 10:1 to 20:1 glide ratio and doesn't seem to be very draggy.

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
I have been working on a pusher design, using hot wire cut parts (a close approximation could be built using FT folded foam board techniques).

Right now it is sitting at 148g dry (and I see at least 5-10g of wire that could be trimmed down/out) and the goal is to use a 100g 2s li-ion battery for endurance.

CG calculator info: cCalc CG [0.98 - 1.22 in from leading edge]
WCL [@ 250g AWU]: 10.8

View attachment 216385 View attachment 216386

Glide test results from initial glide test attempts: Wing construction Glide Tests - kfm-2 vs FT folded vs hot-wired.

Glide tests on this model (had to move CG toward the farther back area of the suggested and give a touch of up trim) my son was barely able to grab from ~20ft away as it was climbing from a firm throw. I figure it has somewhere in the 10:1 to 20:1 glide ratio and doesn't seem to be very draggy.
That is exciting

quorneng

Master member
JasonK
The acid test for a glide ratio is to ensure that the speed is the same at the beginning and end of the glide.
All to easy from a hand launch to achieve an unrealistic figure. !0:1 might be possible with such a design. 20:1 would truly remarkable.
Remember the power to fly for a given plane weight is determined by the sink rate not the glide ratio.
Is Li-ion lighter than LiPo?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
JasonK
The acid test for a glide ratio is to ensure that the speed is the same at the beginning and end of the glide.
All to easy from a hand launch to achieve an unrealistic figure. !0:1 might be possible with such a design. 20:1 would truly remarkable.
Remember the power to fly for a given plane weight is determined by the sink rate not the glide ratio.
Is Li-ion lighter than LiPo?
necromancer raise the dead?

li-ion are lighter the LiPo per unit of power, however they have different behaviors, like a __much__ lower C rating that mean they only work for specific situations.