Tarot 2D Gimbal - failing roll motor

Simdor

Hi!

My Tarot 2D gimbal has some major issues regarding the roll motor. It seems like it doesn't handle the roll-axis very well. The tilt is soft and is working without any problems. When I pitch the quadcopter the tilt is working great, but the roll seems to be "weak". When I apply a certain amount of angle the roll motor stops and the gimbal shuts down. I have to give it a small push upwards for it to actually start again.

Why is the roll motor shutting off when certain amount of angle is applied? How do I increase it? I have seen many users of this gimbal to be able moving their quadcopter significantly more than I can. For the record, the battery has the same weight a GoPro Hero 3 has. I have also flashed it with the latest firmware (V 1.5)

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
The battery may be the same weight as the GoPro 3, but did you perfectly balance the gimbal on all axis? If not the gimbal may struggle and use excess power to keep level. Also check that no wires are pulling on the roll axis when it is angled like that. You may also want to go into the configuration and see what settings the roll motor has. It may not be receiving enough power to keep up.

nilsen

There is also a "power" setting under the motor configuration in the gimbal setup which you could increase, but then you need to decrease your "pids" (they're not called P,I,D in the gimbal software but it's the same thing).
Be sure to check it's not getting too hot with your given setting.
Cheers.