Help! Using a 80 mm edf

LUMBERCAVER

Im trying to find something to use my 80 mm edf for! Ive had it for months and i cant find any foam board plans or anything do you think oi could fi tit into one of the ft 70 kits?

FlyingWithRyan

Elite member
Im trying to find something to use my 80 mm edf for! Ive had it for months and i cant find any foam board plans or anything do you think oi could fi tit into one of the ft 70 kits?
Up-scale the Viggen plans. I've built 70mm (normal scale), 80mm (150% scale), and twin 70mm (200% scale versions). Here's my 80mm version that I put thrust vectoring in. Without the vectoring, you will save weight and it should fly very well.

150% Scale, 80mm Viggen

Viggen Plans
did you beef up the wing in the 150%? I know Grifflyer's L39 would fold the wing being enlarged but thats also built for a 50mm.

dberg97

I doubled the wing thickness and added two parallel carbon spars that each ran the width of the wing spaced about 1/3 and 2/3 root chord distance. Since I had functioning canards, they are also doubled and so is the vertical stabilizer.

dberg97

I wouldn't start with the viggen if you've never built a foam plane. Perhaps the grunjet
If you haven’t built a foamie, I’d agree that you may not want to start with an EDF foamie at all. While the up-scaled Viggen is more forgiving than most EDF builds, it isn’t a good starting build. Start with a prop driver. I like the scout.