What happened to god/simulation games?

techysyska

Why aren't there any games in the vein of The Sims or Black and White? I miss the simulation genre. I miss fun, experimental sandboxes where you're limited only by your imagination, where you get to mess with things and sit back and watch what crazy sh*t happens.

I feel like virtual pets, simulation games and god games were so popular in the early 2000s and now most video games are boring action games.

linksyssmartwifi-net tplinkwifinet-login lin-ksyssmartwifi

w1lp33

Consoles. Games like they aren’t as easy to play with a controller, so they died out as every game needed to be developed with consoles in mind. That’s my theory anyways. Same with RTS games.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Why aren't there any games in the vein of The Sims or Black and White? I miss the simulation genre. I miss fun, experimental sandboxes where you're limited only by your imagination, where you get to mess with things and sit back and watch what crazy sh*t happens.

I feel like virtual pets, simulation games and god games were so popular in the early 2000s and now most video games are boring action games.

linksyssmartwifi-net tplinkwifinet-login lin-ksyssmartwifi

I still play Black and white on occasion. that was always fun to play. I also do sim city alot as well.

BTW what's with the unnecessary links at the bottom of the post. You aren't phishing are you? I remember reporting several post with those particular links before. Please dump the modded cursing and remove the links if you wish to stay or be reported again for spam mate.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
those links have extra meta data in them which makes them look extra questionable at best.