Flite Test Flite Fest - early roll call

earthsciteach

Check this page for details!!!

http://flitefest.com

This is your chance to be part of the FIRST EVER Flite Test Flite Fest!!!

You don't want to miss out.

FTFF is becoming a reality and is scheduled to take place July 25-27 of this year. I won't boast much, but I credit myself with the inception of this idea - at least with the coining of the name. I can prove it, if need be. :p

Edit: It seems that BicycleMonkey did such a
marvelous job of planting the subliminal thought that I actually thought I came up with the name. Well done, BM!

Let's try to get a bead on how big this thing could be. Please post in this thread if you are planning on attending the event. I will be there, barring some horrid turn of events in my life! Looking forward to meeting a lot of folks from the forum!

List of intended attendees...

earthsciteach
FlyingMonkey
bitogre
Team_Monkey
hursto75
CrashRecovery
makattack
Imanewb
wittpilot
designgeek and son
JasonEricAnderson
epicstrikard
Vlad and grandpa
willsonman
Techno
skeplin
Flynn
Strix

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I plan to be there!

As to any claims made by Patrick, he's a bit famous for both plagiarism, and attempting to take credit for other people's ideas… :D

bitogre

I'm going (with same caveats).

But did you get the dates right? According to flitefest.com it is July 25-27. If it actually starts on Thursday instead of Friday, even better.

earthsciteach

It is the 25-27. While I did verify the dates with someone (FM), I guess the 24th was wishful thinking. I'll edit above.

I plan to be there with my son. So that's two more pilots :)

Am I the only one that kept hitting the refresh button all day waiting for the kickstarter page to come up?

It looks like they are still tweaking, and the release date has changed to "coming soon"

Pricing easy-up canopies already.

Bitogre: I sure hoped I wasn't the only one. I've been flying on and off for more than 10 years but this is the first RC event for me. Really excited to go.

510thousandths

Just someone else.
Mentor
Not sue if I will be there or not. i would like to and bring my son, even if for only a day. I do not have an ama membership (not much of a joiner) but I may have to bite the bullet.

I would love to go! Before I accidentally found flitetest I never thought I'd be able to afford to crash RC planes. (of course I'm crashing less these days). There is a very slight possibility I could go, it would be cool to meet all these people iv'e been chatting with.

I haven't seen any "rules" or "requirements" for fliteFEST I heard in a pod cast in order to fly you have to be an AMA member. There was also a mention of most events requiring Lipo bags to charge in one of the FT videos. Little things like that could make this event a disaster if a bunch of people take time off work and travel only to find out they're grounded. Flitetest has been such a contributor to the RC community I would hate to see people go out of their way to visit and not be prepared.

Is there something I missed? If I could pull off making a trip out there I certainly would want to be prepared as I'm sure the rest of the FT fans would be too

-Jes

vk2dxn

Check this page for details!!!

http://flitefest.com

This is your chance to be part of the FIRST EVER Flite Test Flite Fest!!!

You don't want to miss out.

FTFF is becoming a reality and is scheduled to take place July 25-27 of this year. I won't boast much, but I credit myself with the inception of this idea - at least with the coining of the name. I can prove it, if need be. :p

Let's try to get a bead on how big this thing could be. Please post in this thread if you are planning on attending the event. I will be there, barring some horrid turn of events in my life! Looking forward to meeting a lot of folks from the forum!

List of intended attendees...

earthsciteach
FlyingMonkey
bitogre
Team_Monkey
hursto75
designgeek and son

Pat you know I wish that I could be there. Make you a deal mate ;-) I will send you a life size cut out of yours truly and please stick it in the corner lol.

Your friend across the pond

Paul

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I'll be there, and my son I hope. Paul get me that picture and I'll see what I can do. Teach and I have been tossing around some ideas for some simple things to do when your not flying. Keep checking back for updates

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I've already blocked off the vacation time for work, I have my AMA card in my wallet (first year member, since getting into the hobby in September of last year), and just need to decide if I can manage camping out there or to bite the bullet and just book a hotel so I have a place to charge batteries, fix planes and such.