Flite Test Flite Fest - early roll call

bitogre

I've already blocked off the vacation time for work, I have my AMA card in my wallet (first year member, since getting into the hobby in September of last year), and just need to decide if I can manage camping out there or to bite the bullet and just book a hotel so I have a place to charge batteries, fix planes and such.

If Flite Fest is anything like SEFF (both in terms of what the event provides and how the Flite Test crew are going to provide), I expect there will be someplace for you to charge batteries (assuming your charger can run on 12V DC) and that the Flite Test Crew will be doing build/repair events with the crew every night. If that is all you are hoping to get from the hotel, then camp on site and join in the fellowship and night time activities.

earthsciteach

You got it Paul. Fred is an expert at taking paper cut outs on adventures. I'm thinking there would by a Flying Paul at FTFF!

Imanewb

99% sure I am going. Easy drive from Chicago. Waiting on details of the show like camping options etc to commit.

bitogre

So only "Doctors" can fly at this event? :confused::p

Thurmond

Ok, I am not sure if you are joking (and the reason why you included ":p") or serious (and the reason why you included ":confused:") so I am going to assume you are serious (seems like the safer assumption). In the world of RC, AMA is not American Medical Association. Instead it is Academy of Model Aeronautics. The AMA provides insurance for event like this but only if all pilots are AMA Members which is way most RC Flying event require AMA membership.

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
I think I will be there for Friday. The B-17 is going to be in Cinci that weekend & I don't know if they are going to need my help... Which really stinks because Cinci is the exact opposite direction for me than Malvern.

Go flying in the B-17,or go to Flite Fest......oh the choices to make..............

May just do both!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I haven't decided yet either. I didn't plan on going at all, but then I found myself signing up for the AMA just incase I go to any RC events this year. I plan on going to David's farewell party. Just because I want to get out of the house and that's a great excuse for driving 10 hours straight for "no reason". I miss going on road trips. And I think going to David's farewell party will help me decide if I want to go to FTFF. Kind of like a test run since I wouldn't take any planes to the FT Open house.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Ok, I am not sure if you are joking (and the reason why you included ":p") or serious (and the reason why you included ":confused:") so I am going to assume you are serious (seems like the safer assumption). In the world of RC, AMA is not American Medical Association. Instead it is Academy of Model Aeronautics. The AMA provides insurance for event like this but only if all pilots are AMA Members which is way most RC Flying event require AMA membership.

Totally not serious. I detest the AMA for no particular reason other than there of no use where I live.

Thurmond

JasonEricAnderson

I'll be there with tent and and a car full of foam and hot glue. I'm already getting the time off form work and cleared it with the higher power. (The wife)

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
I'll be there... hopefully with a full scale plane full of rc planes :) anyone know of a close airport or field?

Vlad

Uber Noob
I ave every intent of bring my grandpa along with me. Anyone with biplanes will be hearing from him a lot. Or anyone with seaplanes.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Count me in. I'm trying to finish my SE5a before then to bring with as well as some other things. The electric conversion Top Flite Texan. Not exactly sure what else for sure.

I would LOVE to find someone with an RV to shack up with as I usually get no sleep in the heat. I'll tent if I have to.

Vlad

Uber Noob
My grandpa really wants to find someone with a Republic SeaBee. I have not been able to find any scratch build plans for one. If anyone has any links, hit me up.

vk2dxn

I'll be there, and my son I hope. Paul get me that picture and I'll see what I can do. Teach and I have been tossing around some ideas for some simple things to do when your not flying. Keep checking back for updates

Thanks Ryan
I know I can count on you mate

ikem

I am going to help fund through kickstarter, but work, family, and the 11 hour drive stops me from going.