FS/FT stuff at FTFF 2015

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
While making plans it dawned on me that others may want to have a make-shift "oh I want to buy your stuff" moment at FTFF. With many folks traveling from afar this will reduce shipping costs and foster new interests in different aspects of the hobby.

While I will not be bringing anything to fly, per se, I am considering thinning the hangar as my interests progress. I am considering letting go of my Top Flite AT-6 Texan that I have done a full electric conversion for. It is an excellent plane for introduction to larger planes and warbirds at that. It is setup for 4S 4500-5000mAh batteries (not included) and is a real pussy cat to fly. There are two minor repairs I will need to make: 1- one of the dummy scoops has fallen off, so I'll need to re-glue that. 2- One of the wing location pegs broke on the way back from FTFF2014 (blasted Pittsburgh potholes!) and is an easy fix to repair. I have flown it (by accident!) without the peg but it needs fixing. The retracts have a plastic casing that are showing some wear so I would recommend replacing them ($20 or so). The plane will come with everything sans battery, ESC, and Rx. The thread for the electric conversion can be found HERE. PM with reasonable offers.

Last edited:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Depending on how I arrive, I'm considering bringing some planes to sell. Ill keep this thread updated

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
:confused:

This is like selling your kids. Don't you love your airplanes?

This is why I hate our language. The word "love" has so many meanings. I ENJOY my hobby, but I would never really say that I love it. It makes it less meaningful when I say I love my wife.

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
The local club is having a swap meet tomorrow. Goodbye Cabin Fever :) (and savings)

rossmort

Anyone have interest in a Kracken SBK? Got it at last year's FF but don't have the room to actually build it.

Timmy P

I'm going to have all my planes up for sale/trade.. I have a few nice DTFB planes all dressed up. A few are FT designs and A few are my own. I dont know exact prices but ranging from my $20 speedster up to $60 for a ARF Cessna 180. I even have a shark plane lol Besides planes I also want to try to sell a couple flight field radios that Ive built.. The sound response is just outstanding and it runs on 3Cell lipo's. A 2200 Mah gets you around 20 hours jam time..
photo (17).JPG
180 top cold small.jpg
photo 1.PNG
photo 2.PNG
photo 3.PNG
photo 4.PNG
photo 5.PNG

Njfoam

Wow , really nice work , I'm bringing a few planes , but wouldn't mind bringing home a few or yours (especially if I crash one or two of mine in combat and have the room) and even if someone gets to them before me, I would love to talk you you about how you do the paint on your planes. Most of my planes remain white because I can't seem to master the final touches that you seem to have perfected!

earthsciteach

This is why I hate our language. The word "love" has so many meanings. I ENJOY my hobby, but I would never really say that I love it. It makes it less meaningful when I say I love my wife.
I'll talk to you about the Texan on site. I may be able to give it a loving home. ;)

Timmy P

TimmyP how much for the boom box?

I'm thinking I want to get right around $120 for them. That comes with Speaker, Amp, Headphone cable, Low voltage cutoff circuit board. and ac-dc converter for wall outlet. .. I plan on building a couple tomorrow.. I could even do custom colors for a small fee lol..

" The sound quality is remarkable. I cant believe how musical it is" quote from a guy I do work for with over 10k invested in his audio equipment/room.. Everyone that hears it loves it.

Timmy P

Wow , really nice work , I'm bringing a few planes , but wouldn't mind bringing home a few or yours (especially if I crash one or two of mine in combat and have the room) and even if someone gets to them before me, I would love to talk you you about how you do the paint on your planes. Most of my planes remain white because I can't seem to master the final touches that you seem to have perfected!

I still need to get my combat plane built.. Still not sure what I want to fly yet. And I'll most likely put a cool paint or decal job on it.. I have fun with google images and a vinyl plotter lol.. I can put anything I want to on a plane.. hmmm....Saying that made a Stewie Griffin combat plane pop up in my head lol..