Help! help me plz

Musdang

Not Quite Legendary
I have the mini mustang. It has a lot of power, so the motor when it spins fast creates a roll so that angle called trust angle helps cancel that roll.

bariyonix

I have the mini mustang. It has a lot of power, so the motor when it spins fast creates a roll so that angle called trust angle helps cancel that roll.
i know what its called i just was suprised that the angle is so large

Bricks

Master member
Which angle down or right or both and how much angle are you seeing maybe when you put it together built in more then it needs.

Piotrsko

Master member
Back in the day....... free flight .049 planes had noticeable engine droop to prevent stalling. Aka downthrust

i made a ft mini scout and i have a question the angle of the motor is super high why?
Are the angles stated on the plan? Or elsewhere? My angles are generally somewhere around 4 degrees down, 2 degrees to the right, or something like that. These are ballpark figures. If yours are like twice that, where did this info come from? Please clarify.

These angles are to offset the tendency of the plane under power to veer away from dead straight. The spinning prop causes the plane to try to roll off to the left. The direction of the thrust of the prop - in relation to the CG/center of drag - causes the plane to try to climb.

bariyonix

Are the angles stated on the plan? Or elsewhere? My angles are generally somewhere around 4 degrees down, 2 degrees to the right, or something like that. These are ballpark figures. If yours are like twice that, where did this info come from? Please clarify.

These angles are to offset the tendency of the plane under power to veer away from dead straight. The spinning prop causes the plane to try to roll off to the left. The direction of the thrust of the prop - in relation to the CG/center of drag - causes the plane to try to climb.
i use a 5/4.5 3blade prop so the angle is about 5down 20to the right

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
....so the angle is about 5down 20to the right
5 down is a lot, still somewhat reasonable, if that is what the plan call for. Most of my planes have 1-2 degrees down.
No way 20 degrees to the right will work. Most of my planes have 1-2 degrees to the right.

bariyonix

5 down is a lot, still somewhat reasonable, if that is what the plan call for. Most of my planes have 1-2 degrees down.
No way 20 degrees to the right will work. Most of my planes have 1-2 degrees to the right.
it went straight i use weird props that make a lot of thrust