$180 gone

hunterisbest18

lost my sport cub s in tree after finally getting servo fixed. I see it but its high and cant climb cause nothing to grab on and its a "widow maker" tree. cause one tree leaning on another so we cant cut. and im pretty sure it was fine but after really cold the battery is don't and idk what else to do

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
there are rock, tree climbing devices that could help you get a rope to it and pull it down. how high do you think it is?

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
You can try a weight on a fishing pole. Cast aiming for the branch then tug the line to shake the branch.

captron360

Fishing poles work well, also a bow and arrow. Anything that can take a small line over the branch it's on. Once over it tie a rope to the line and pull it over the branch.

mikeporterinmd

Still Learning
We have an 18' (about 6 meters) tree trimming pole. It comes in three pieces. I've used it to shake branches and recover a quad that was a good 40' (13 meters) up. Perhaps you can rent such a pole? In the US, it cost about $100. But, we really needed it for tree trimming, not quad copter recovery.

Mike

its not gone you can see it rite there!
Dont worry, you will get your airplane back, and most of your gear is probably fine. I have seen many go into trees over the years and none are still up there. And your gear is probably ok, if the wing is still attached its all cozy and safe in there and if not just get to it before it rains. When they go into a tree though it usually only puts the crash on hold, the airplane still isnt on the ground so brace yourself for being present when the crash continues.

watch out for stuff falling on your head and for stuff getting in your eyes when your looking up. good luck !

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Try tying a light stone to the end of a fishing line or kite string and tossing it up to the branch. If the string is strong enough you may be able to shake the branch enough to get the tree to let go of the plane.

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Think of it like you're putting the money into savings. It's not gone, just not as easily accessible. I think I have two planes in my savings account right now. One's been there since December, though it did move a bit last month during a wind storm. :D

BobK

Banned
Lots of good advice here so I really have nothing other than next time try hanging it on some powerlines like I usually do..that way everyone in the country notices it lol.

Driven

Use what we called in Brazil a "marimba" - get some string, tie a rock to it and throw it over the plane. It may do some damage but at least you get your plane back.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Lots of good advice here so I really have nothing other than next time try hanging it on some powerlines like I usually do..that way everyone in the country notices it lol.

Or maybe a scimitar on a radio tower?