200% Twin Twirl

200% Twin Twirl 0.1

Please log in to download

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I finally flew it for the first time today, and I’d probably recommend keeping the cg at 45% chord from the leading edge. It can fly for 5-6 minutes on 3s with a 10x4.5 prop, and probably even longer on a calm day.
13EF8350-E0E5-4BE2-A2E4-937A7BF5075B.jpeg
E263E8F8-607F-4F22-B3C1-ED1C49DF2B71.jpeg
6F846C78-E253-41DD-BCE5-F9DCEFDC25C1.jpeg
12E57A46-B28E-45EE-96BF-866742A35F2F.jpeg
981801F9-3617-4EE2-8C58-0E66B51D0BE1.jpeg
5605225A-C417-4396-B0B9-031AA290521D.jpeg
ABC53A2F-3542-44A8-8694-2EE2C88A33DE.jpeg

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Are you going to try a single blade setup?
I’m assuming you’re talking about rotors, although one single large blade with a counterbalance would be fun. I’ve heard that the monotwirl was worse to fly and tweak, but I’ll be trying a 200% quadratwirl next, maybe even as a flite fest combat ship. If I have fun doing that I might try a 200% monotwirl. I am currently out of foam board for the next month most likely, so I won’t be able to make the quadratwirl or any other foam board planes for a bit.
1632887288080.jpg

Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I’m assuming you’re talking about rotors, although one single large blade with a counterbalance would be fun. I’ve heard that the monotwirl was worse to fly and tweak, but I’ll be trying a 200% quadratwirl next, maybe even as a flite fest combat ship. If I have fun doing that I might try a 200% monotwirl. I am currently out of foam bird for the next month most likely, so I won’t be able to make the quadratwirl or any other foam board planes for a bit.
View attachment 208606
where can you find planss for that???? that is on my build list for sure

L Edge

Master member
I’m assuming you’re talking about rotors, although one single large blade with a counterbalance would be fun. I’ve heard that the monotwirl was worse to fly and tweak, but I’ll be trying a 200% quadratwirl next, maybe even as a flite fest combat ship. If I have fun doing that I might try a 200% monotwirl. I am currently out of foam board for the next month most likely, so I won’t be able to make the quadratwirl or any other foam board planes for a bit.
View attachment 208606
View attachment 208606

Actually, I was talking about the autogyro. Rc Groups has the plans and actually once you figure out how to fly it(like a heli) it is a nifty bird.
Got any video of yours?

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Actually, I was talking about the autogyro. Rc Groups has the plans and actually once you figure out how to fly it(like a heli) it is a nifty bird.
Got any video of yours?
Yeah, I just have to upload some stuff to YouTube since uploading videos to the forums is kind of tricky, so once it’s uploaded I’ll link it.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I added my RunCam spit micro 3 to the Tiwn twirl for FOV flying. I’ve flown it three times with the camera, but had some problems with feed cutting out once the plane was in the air, so I moved the antenna and changed channels to try and fix it, so hopefully that works.
image.jpg

L Edge

Master member
When you fly the Twirl(s), do you consider it flys like a plane or is it different(heli or drone,etc))?