43" fun fighters fw190d

viggen

Cambrain fun fighter
This is my first ever balsa build.I normally fly foamboard planes
The plane is FW190D 43"
Its a great kit,everything went together nicely,took me a couple of days,
The wings are polystyrene with veneer wood over the top.they feel very strong,i only made 1 mistake along the way.i thought the hings went on the top of the wings,but they are inserted into the middle of the wings.into the middle of the control surfaces
Its only ment to use 2 servos .1 for the ailons and 1 for the elevator.there is no rudder.it can be made to work but its very small.so probably wont do much
it flys beautifully.its fast even tho its 1375g
I hope to buy a few more of the fun fighters
Its very stable in the wind vs foamboard but that could be it weighs 300g more that my ft racer.over all its my favourite plane ive built and flown so far.
Set up
Tacon 10
10x7 apc
80amp esc
2600 4s 65c A spec
3x 9g servos

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
That looks great! I haven't heard of that manufacturer before, but it looks like they don't have any retailers in the US. Too bad the shipping costs would be too much, I'd like to try one of their kits.

The extra weight probably makes a big difference in how it flies, but a good design is key.

viggen

Thanks for the replys.here is where i got it.shipping is crazy expensive to the usa
Its funny how i found them really.my dad and i where building one of there planes about 17 years ago.when i was 14ish.but we never finnished it and it got sold on.i got myself back in rc about 12months ago,flying ft planes,then on ebay last month i stumbled apon the same plane we had.called the cambrain fun fighter spitfire,so googled them,found the company and brought one.it is a great plane.
http://www.cambrianplanes.co.uk/ourshop/cat_257723-Fun-Fighter-Range.html

ranger351

Warbird Crazy!
I'm liking the looks of these kits! I've been looking at the website and it looks like shipping would be around $50 US. I would pay around 150 for a kit shipped if the quality is good. A lot of the kits I'd be interested in are out of stock. Might have to email them and get more info.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
There is something special with building with balsa. I like foam for quick build planes but balsa
I agree. There is a pleasing result in working with wood, especially when the wood grain stands out. I've only used balsa as a reinforcing ply but never the primary material. I think there is an avenue of "wood look" to be explored and enjoyed.

Nice build.

Turbojoe

Elite member
They do have some nice kits. I'm not a big war bird fan but the Cessna and the Mooney look very nice. GBP137.00 = $173.20 USD shipped for the Cessna. The dollar is pretty weak against the GBP right now. Bummer.

Joe