5 inch quad jitter

Corsair714

I'll attach a video soon, but the quad seems to be working now. So what I did to the drone was add a low esr capacitor (I stole it from a burnt out 30 amp plane esc I had), power the camera directly from the battery, and change some filters in betaflight. Not sure which one of these thing specifically fixed the problem, but everything together seems to have solved the issue. Thanks again for everyone's help, I'll attach a vid of me flying it tomorrow when I have some daylight to fly in again.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The only thing a camera would do to cause twitching is if it was loose in the mount and tapping a hard point. My gremlin had a longer loose receiver wire when I first built it that would tap a stand off as I flew. That little tap was enough to make the quad yaw twitch. Took me for ever to figure that one out. It was resolved by accident when I had to replace the double sided tape holding the fc in place and I moved it slightly more forward taking up some wire slack and not allowing it to tap the frame.

Also make sure the battery pigtails are not flopping around. I twist the main wires on my packs and stick the balance connector in the twists to keep it secure and out of the way. Not sure if you packs have that or not but at least be away of long leads flopping around too.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
What flight controller is it, and does it have dual gyros? Also, what material makes up the white part of the frame?

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Here is the link to the flight controller. It does not have dual gyros.
https://www.eachine.com/Eachine-Sta...-40CH-VTX-For-FPV-Racing-RC-Drone-p-1067.html
I actually upgraded to a carbon frame now. The tbs source two V0.1

A failing gyro can give twitches, as well as a funky frame. On 5 inch, anything other than stiff carbon fibre can cause jitters. Source Two will not cause jitters as long as all the screws are tight. Make sure your FC is not too tight - also, cheap FC like the Eachine sometimes need some rubber mounting grommets.

Corsair714

Ya thanks, I think I have it all figured out now. Thanks for the help. I'm guessing it had to do with wires banging the fc and causing it to go crazy.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
What flight controller is it, and does it have dual gyros? Also, what material makes up the white part of the frame?

I have never had a gyro go bad. They can get goofy after hard crashes and a recalibration of the accelerometers and a quick hover in horizon mode seems to let them come back to normal before getting back to full on rippage. Only thing I have seen to kill an FC is flying when too wet and even then its hard to do or letting chlorophyll from grass build up too much. Seems to be bad for the coating used on fc's. Could be the chemicals the park uses on the grass too I suppose but that's the only fail on an FC I have ever had.