55% Mighty Mini Fogey

Well, I flew again indoors this time. The mini fogey had similar flight issues so that rules out the wind. The overall high weight called for way too high of a stall speed for my taste so I grounded it and pulled out the extra light build version...

Omg! What a differance!

This guy performed amasingly! It was sketchy untill I got it trimed out then it came to life. Super slow stall speed, I could lean back on the tiny little elevator to full throw and get a nice little flair/ high angle and slow it down to a walking speed. Power was good till I touched the gound and my crappy hobby king imatation gws prop cracked and went out of balance. They are all used up now, gladly...

All in all a good flying plane but I noticed what someone had mentioned earlier about the old fogey having a preferred speed to be true. Ill see if I can get a video up...

I asked early on if I would be stepping on flite tests toes if I posted and got no reply. Also im not sure how, post it just like a pic? Or do I need a file host or what ever its called somewhere else?

Ok, I have plans ready for this guy and would like to share. Ive never done anything like this, so, how do I go about sharing the file?

Also have a mini bloody woonder that's nearly ready to share!

jamboree1

Ok, I have plans ready for this guy and would like to share. Ive never done anything like this, so, how do I go about sharing the file?

Also have a mini bloody woonder that's nearly ready to share!

I believe you need a host site to post your plans, maybe you can send a PM to nerdnic or Sponz, these guys are really good at designing and helping people out with questions like yours

Ok, I have the right file linked now.

Also, this new PDF has the whole plan on one page but for some reason the PDF has 5 extra blank pages. How can I remove these blank pages?

I'm designing in sketchup 8 and printing to cutepdf printer.

It was about half standard. If you lay one half of the wing flat and use the guage on the other tip it should be about right, half the guage height on each wingtip. Ill measure when I get home and see for sure.

I want pics and stories if anyone builds this guy! That will be my reward!

Mini Fogey down for cosmetic repairs, and mushy foam arround the power pod skewers.

Also measured the dihedral at a 1/2"

Also also, got a new turnigy 300mah 2s 35-70c pack, works great! Not bad for $4.50!

20150201_010327.jpg

rfd

AMA 51668
neat plan, thanx for sharing. i think micro stuff like this is best served by dihedral and not polyhedral. i'll hafta build one of these ... it's now 4th in the build queue, hah! mini-fogey pdf extracted to one page, excess page space removed ...

Attachments

• mini-fogey.pdf
    70.3 KB · Views: 8