A couple of FPV questiions... ebay.paypal rant.

jipp

Hi. im thinking i could get into the air for FPV for around a 140.00 give or take 10.00 using the cheaper none immersion options.. which would be fine for around the house.. and then i could learn first hand if its truly something im interested in.

this got me looking.. i figure i could use teh DYI hobbyking FPV goggles that be like 30.00
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=53706&aff=1195429

then TX/RX 200mw for under 40.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141383483525?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

then id just pay the 30.00 for a good sony board cam.
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/p...WDR-Color-Board-Camera-OSD-Menu-DNR%2dUS.html

( looks like you can geta basic fat sharp setup for a 100.00 minus battery/board camera. so maybe its better just to buy immersion and maybe there be a resale value if i do not like FPV.. something to consider i guess.. )
and i figure if i went with the DIY hobby king FPV goggles, others could look through them too.. after i get some fatsharks. and heck maybe even upgrade the monitor inside later on to some HD assuming something has or will come to the market that will fit. which i would not be surprised at this point. cell phones are pushing some crazy screen technology..

this also made me look into 7" monitors and tri-pod as im interested in AP.. its something that would be used down the road too not just to test the waters of FPv. for video shot placement etc.. and they seem to be pretty cheap.
from 30 - 120.00 it seems.. but the one problem i keep seeing is even if the monitor is being advertised for FPV.. they all seem to go to blue screen on signal lost. to me this is a no/no for a FPV monitor. any recommendations?

example of the blue screen of death reminds me of windows 95 all over again..
no signal blue.jpg

so i guess out of the questions above.. this monitor thing is the one i do not understand what to look for.. as everyone iv looked at has said blue screen on signal lost. if it did not say it, i had to email the seller and ask.. either the seller did not know, or it did the blue screen.. so how do we get rid of blue screen on a small monitor?

chris.

my ebay rant ignore if you like.. probably best!
im not sure if i should post my recent experience with ebay, and how scamers in china are using it.. as my condition may have just of slipped under ebays red tape.. seems i still may get screwed but time i will tell i guess. and its all because the seller is in china.. but the hacked account was a 100 percent USA seller. that following morning i saw the same text/picture was being used with the same price to advertise more of them.. so more hacked usa accounts.. must be worth the effort for the guys in china?

the short and sweet. a seller on ebay has his account hacked apparently email would tell me this a few hours from my original BIN bid. i figured for the money if i won cool.. if not, they guy would cancel my payment etc as he typed in the wrong number or ebay screwed it up.. . id get a simple cancle email and life would march on.. well that is not the case if the hacker is from china regardless if the seller account is USA

what happen a seller in china hacked a USA account. listed a bunch of fatshark dominator goggles for sale for X with free shipping. now here is how the scam seems to work.. if they give a shipping number paypal assumes everything is legit and there computers crunch numbers on finding ways to get more commissions out of you! they took 5.00 from a 167.00 sale seems like a good deal ebay has going for it. so the hacked account, just has to give a fake tracking number..

after i placed my bid i got a email from ebay a hour or two later saying the sellers account has been hacked and your order has been canceled and you information is safe etc. i did not think much of it. other than it would of helped me greatly to get a good deal on pair of FPV goggles.. till i went to look at my paypal statement. it showed the money i use to buy it now being held up this made no sense since ebay said the order was not legit, as it was from a hacked account. .. so i called up paypal. paypal had no idea ebay had close this person account down or any other redflags to watch it. as the paypal lady told me in her broken english..would i like to start a claim , why should i have to make a claim when ebay already canceled the transaction the account was hacked ( i guess ill never understand big business ).. she goes onto say she is sorry but paypal and ebay are different identities and she has no idea of a hacked account,etc.. this conversation went on for 10 mins till i said yes, i have a problem lets open up a claim on this account... she then goes onto say it should be taken care of by 20 days if not contact them.. im not sure how this is gonna go down. i do know since ebay canceled my order i would of never thought to into this any further if I was not already in my paypal account looking at something else.. so i wonder how offten this works.. is it really worth there time? i dunno, must be i guess or why do it? usually for a low price too.. must be some kind of price point that keeps it under the radar, or som i have money in limbo because of it. so i figured i let you know, even if you are bidding just to see.. may not be the best idea.. or maybe im just a idiot. and this is a tale why i am no good at this selling/buying stuff.
thats my story, if it helps one of ya.. then i have no problem typing out how much of a idiot i can be.. i did think i was getting a killer deal.. and i got lucky.. heck i did not even get greedy and try to buy a hand full of them like others did who were probably thinking resale. i fail thinking that way.. in the time it took me to bid.. 30 others were sold. LOL
i wonder how many of them have there money in limbo.. and if i did not call would i lost my money, at least i have a chance now i guess. just have to wait 20 days or something.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Had a similar occurrence Christmas 2013. E-Bay told me auction was canceled and don't pay because it was a scammer. PayPal remittance had already been made by me and scammer had provided a tracking # that was actually to the town I lived near but was a Grocery Store and not my address. PP said the item was delivered. I said the tracking did indicate delivery but not to me. This went on a while until I threatened to cancel both PP and e-bay accounts. E-Bay then issued a "courtesy" refund and the case was closed. PP is owned by E-bay but the right and left hands do not talk!

Another rant is E-Bay allows Chinese and other sellers to post items for sale that they do not actually have but expect to go out and purchase AFTER they have received your money. This leads to cancellation of orders when the Seller cannot get the item any more or the item will cost them more than they sold it for. Of course the refund usually takes quite a while so the buyer is out of cash and has no item for possibly a month or two down the road.
So many E-Bay sellers are Chinese that E-Bay will not dare to challenge them in fear of lost revenue.

Thurmond

Last edited:

jipp

yeah. in my other hobbies the china sellers are not very many.. but in the RC hobby.. its deaf more china dealers than usa it seems.

iv had more problems with USA sellers over the years than i have had with china , but my experience with them is a new thing.. im not saying one is better than the other.. just the way the RC market works i guess as its all made in china then shipped over year. then we pay to have them sit on it. etc.

i was thinking maybe a regular flat screen computer monitor would work say 12-15" or so.. they are about same price i see the 7" going for.. i guess it comes down to battery source? how much juice you can get out of it.. i would probably want a few hours at least for a ground station.

also i was looking at inserts that are used in cars with built in amp/MP3 players,, radio, DVD player, SD card/recorder oh and 1 Chanel for a rear facing camera.. always laugh at that bit..

this one has touch screen interface.. could make a pretty cool entertainment FPV center using one.. but again, i can not find info about the blue screen on signal lost.. as i do not want this.. just black, as its quicker, going from black to picture you are probably less likely to crash yeah?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA08C2N73966&ignorebbr=1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA54J1KS4218
chris.

ebay, rant i guess continue.
so i sold this pedal, with in 10 mins of listing.. quick 167.00 to add to my RC money pit.
i have a shelf full of pedals i may list to help pay for some more rc goodies.. but im still learning how this stuff works..
for one when can i assume the sale is finale? iv not heard anything since he said he was happy, but having a problem. shrugs.. i can only assume the problem was on his end as it worked fine for me.. and pedals are meant to be used and abused unlike other electronics you do ot baby these.. i bring this up, because the chance of damage in shipping are so high.. so yeah has o be on his end.
anyhow, he has not left feed back for me.. yet i sold the pedal on the second.. i did read something about 21 days so that is why i have not spent any of the money yet. but i sure hate not knowing when its mine!

Last edited:

jipp

found this video on the DIY goggles and apparently a kit you could get at one time with everything i linked above?

their is not much to the goggles.. could be worth it if you could find a HD screen to fit in there.
that would open up other options for head gear if one knew what to look for in ia HD screen for this application.

well heck i looks like you almost have enough room if you took the RX out of its case you could mount inside the goggles. heh.

chris.