A simple scout with turbo?

DavideLP

Hi, I want to build a simple scout but with a motor more powerful. I don't want to exagerate getting the plane unbalanced... I thought a TRX 400 would be fine: 890g thrust and 205W of consumption. 1000kV.
What do you think? Is it powerful enough?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hi, I want to build a simple scout but with a motor more powerful. I don't want to exagerate getting the plane unbalanced... I thought a TRX 400 would be fine: 890g thrust and 205W of consumption. 1000kV.
What do you think? Is it powerful enough?

that would be perfect.....

DavideLP

that would be perfect.....
The trx400 is a motor that works with 2,3 and 4 cells. But i don't know if that thrust is only with a 4 cell.
What do you think? I prefer to have a motor a little too much powerful for my needs than a motor a too little... Because if it's too powerful i can just use a smaller prop or limit the max throttle by the radio, but if it's too little i can't do anything

And I believe a 4cell wouldn't fit in the scout... it's a little bit tight in the nose

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
The trx400 is a motor that works with 2,3 and 4 cells. But i don't know if that thrust is only with a 4 cell.
What do you think? I prefer to have a motor a little too much powerful for my needs than a motor a too little... Because if it's too powerful i can just use a smaller prop or limit the max throttle by the radio, but if it's too little i can't do anything

And I believe a 4cell wouldn't fit in the scout... it's a little bit tight in the nose
try 3s it should be fine.... do you have a link for the motor?

DavideLP

try 3s it should be fine.... do you have a link for the motor?

I live in Italy, and it seems this motor is found only here...

Anyway these are the specs:
Motor class: 400 (I don't know what does it mean)
Thrust 890g; it's 2lb
Power 210W
1000KV
from 2s to 4s Lipo
Prop: 8x4 - 10x7
Dimensions 28x30mm
weight 55g
ESC needed 30 A

I really don't know maybe it's appropriate for the plane, something like the powerpack B; but (even if I haven't flown any plane before) I want a bit more, If i won'tbe able to "tame" the plane, I will just set the max throttle to 80%

Attachments

• modeltoy - Tutto Per il MODELLISMO4.pdf
    99.3 KB · Views: 0

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I live in Italy, and it seems this motor is found only here...

Anyway these are the specs:
Motor class: 400 (I don't know what does it mean)
Thrust 890g; it's 2lb
Power 210W
1000KV
from 2s to 4s Lipo
Prop: 8x4 - 10x7
Dimensions 28x30mm
weight 55g
ESC needed 30 A

I really don't know maybe it's appropriate for the plane, something like the powerpack B; but (even if I haven't flown any plane before) I want a bit more, If i won'tbe able to "tame" the plane, I will just set the max throttle to 80%
don't change the max throttle set it to 100% that motor is basically a Power Pack C (i think) just go easy on the throttle and then in an emergency you have extra power to pull out of it.