About To Teach Class... ETA On Glider

Miracle Air

Hey everybody. Anybody know when the plans for Josh B.'s glider will be released? I'm about to teach "The History of Aviation." It will be an activity-heavy class and I'd like it to culminate in building that glider as a free flight plane, and then mounting servoes on it. I hope to be building gliders in about 10 weeks.

I have 5 complete radio systems (ESC's instead of BEC's) and 12 servoes. My plan is to rig 5 planes for flight and keep the rest in reserve as they crash.

It's a brilliant idea, by the way, to start kids out on unpowered gliders (which is what FT Connections seems to be doing). When chaos ensues there are no spinning wheels of death to deal with.

Anyway, when this thing kicks off please consider Cascade High School of lovely Turner, Oregon to be connected.;)

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
The simple soarer or the tiny trainer? The simple soarer is already out and can be built to your specs pretty easily. The tiny trainer is coming this month I think.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The Tiny Trainier (which resembles a scaled down simple sorer) will be released . . .

Soon :p

Sorry, that's all we usually know until the Monday it hits the store (and the Wednesday the plans are released).

Miracle Air

Thanks guys. Yep, I'm looking for the scaled down version. I hope to build 5 of them, or rather have groups of students build 5. We have enough radios and servos. I've purchased some cheap ESC's (they weren't much more than BEC's, so why not?) and some 2 cell 500 mah batteries, so we should be good.

We'll build in early June, and it sounds like the plans will be out by then. If not we can build the full size version, but the little ones just look so much more manageable. Also I loved that FT Extra episode where they're tossing the little guy around. And I want to try hi-starting them with a running student. That's why God made freshmen, after all...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Don't wait... soon could be months... ;)

Happy to see you've migrated over to the forum Dave. Glad to have you.

Miracle Air

Hey Fred! Thanks, Lee, although we're doing this on a shoestring and I have about $40 left, so... Might be plans for us.