AMA Media Release

John Campbell

Guys, it looks like the bill has passed, this is great news for our hobby. Please take a few mintutes to read. I'm sure its not over yet but this looks like a great step in our direction t be able to keep our hobby alive.

See article linked here for the real info..

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
See, whether people believe in it or not or even know about it, there are groups of people working hard all the time to keep our hobbies open and available to us. My thanks to everyone involved and I hope that people will take an interest and at least educate themselves on things they can do to help. Flying safely and being a good steward for the hobby is number one.

teflyer

Full Circle
What was the original threat to regulate the hobby that this bill stops? Sorry, not very infomed.

John Campbell

What was the original threat to regulate the hobby that this bill stops? Sorry, not very infomed.

This bill had a lot of bad things including but not limited to Altitude restrictions (400 feet), and being regulated under the FAA and subject to FAA inspections and possibly licensing. There are a ton of things that this could be of a major detriment to our hobby.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
It mostly affects the people at the big sanctioned fields because they have the highest risk models and they follow the rules. If they get restricted though, it's only a matter of time before it starts affecting everyone. It may not affect people in the parks that scratch build because the cops aren't going to go around checking registrations but it will affect the way models are manufactured. The things we can buy will change, especially those looking to do long range FPV.