"Anti-Drone" technology deployed for 2015 BAA/Boston Marathon

Ultimate_Red

RC Groundling
Now, now everyone, let's not get enthralled in the rage against the media. What can we do after all? No matter what we do, how good we behave, it's the people that use 'drones' to spy; which is why I still maintain that I fly a UAS. The idea of laws and legislations or the new technology to locate other UASs from others doesn't frighten me; instead it makes me feel that aviation in our hobby is becoming safer. People complain that our "un-see-able drones" could cause a risk to low flying aircraft, even though they should not be flying that low. If so much as a little component was built in to flight controllers that tracked where they went via GPS and monitored their height and speed would certainly help in finding a cause for an incident that, suffice to say, could occur and so someone could be held accountable. This would require the need to become registered to the device before taking flight, which I would be fully compliant with and if it cost money I wouldn't care because other people who would be breaking the law could be penalised thus making our hobby better because they would in effect be grounded.
Yes the media may cotton onto this with headlines such as "Drone Pilot Grounded Due To Law Breaking Antics" etc, (I'm not good at making headlines.)