Anyone from Iowa?

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
Anyone on here from Iowa in general? Looking for a flying buddy for the upcoming spring. If such a thing exists around here..

MrClean

From what I can tell, when the weathers clear BUT They are on the internet with contacts. We've held the last two SPADfests at that field and I've been up to a couple of the fall get togethers along with some other flying events. You can send emails to some of them by going to spadworld.net and emailing users Team Abbynormal, Varmit, Gravityisnotmyfriend (he's workign and in college so the first two are a better bet) but you'll get Jim, Scott or Nick off of the club website too. If you're on the spad site, go to the SPADfest folder and look at SF 12 and SF 13 photo and video threads, you'll get pictures and vids of the facilities.
If you have a closer club they'll know of it. Even if you do, you'll still want to visit. ALSO there is an indoor funfly coming up in February in Des Moines over at the fairgrounds, you'll want to get to that.

Hurray man, make the contacts. You've got to build this weekend for the indoor event and you won't know what to build unless you get in contact and you can't,,,,,

I kid, but as much lead time for an event is nice. Here's the link for the event, it's on the 15th and 16th.

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
From what I can tell, when the weathers clear BUT They are on the internet with contacts. We've held the last two SPADfests at that field and I've been up to a couple of the fall get togethers along with some other flying events. You can send emails to some of them by going to spadworld.net and emailing users Team Abbynormal, Varmit, Gravityisnotmyfriend (he's workign and in college so the first two are a better bet) but you'll get Jim, Scott or Nick off of the club website too. If you're on the spad site, go to the SPADfest folder and look at SF 12 and SF 13 photo and video threads, you'll get pictures and vids of the facilities.
If you have a closer club they'll know of it. Even if you do, you'll still want to visit. ALSO there is an indoor funfly coming up in February in Des Moines over at the fairgrounds, you'll want to get to that.

Hurray man, make the contacts. You've got to build this weekend for the indoor event and you won't know what to build unless you get in contact and you can't,,,,,

I kid, but as much lead time for an event is nice. Here's the link for the event, it's on the 15th and 16th.
Thanks a ton man. Helps a lot. Will definitely be trying to get a hold of one of these guys. I knew of the indoor fly already. I think it would be cool if I could meet some other members there or really just anyone to fly with in general. Flying alone isn't always too much fun.

MrClean

it's what pulled me out of CL back to RC. There is a Control Line group in Topeka where I'm from and I was happy flying there, some of my favorite flying moments are Control Line but I moved to Kansas city and I can't make it to the Topeka field in under an hour and a half. In Kansas City there are some control line flyers but we're all stretched out and work weird shifts, we hardly ever could fly together. However, we've several good RC clubs and I've belonged to several of them. Sometimes you need some alone time but most the time you just need your friends. You'll love the group. They fly everything there. Little foamies to big turbines. There are plenty of cookouts and parties.