Apprentice and Skyfly Max baby

was wondering around the model shop today and saw this fuselage in the spare parts section for a few bucks and thought man that is a cool looking fuselage. About 3 seconds later had an idea of what to do with it and this was it. Turns out the wing section cord is exactly the same as the apprentice so grabbed the wings off one i had here used part of the tail section and made the rest from foam board. probably could have done a better job but was excited to get it together so 4 hours later i had this. will take it out and maiden it tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed all goes well. its a bank and yank so will see how bad i miss that rudder. if you guys are interested in the build let me know. got all the parts for this for around 100 bucks all up. really wanted something cool to put my go pro on so will try this out. WP_20151020_22_32_41_Pro.jpg WP_20151020_22_32_55_Pro.jpg WP_20151020_22_33_06_Pro.jpg WP_20151020_22_33_16_Pro.jpg WP_20151020_22_33_27_Pro.jpg WP_20151020_22_34_04_Pro.jpg

ExperimentalRC

The skyfly max was my first hobby grade plane. I always wanted to turn it into an fpv ship, but it was too beaten up. I love the aesthetics of the twin vertical stabilizers.

mrwhiskers

Ludicrous speed, GO!
i had (and still have to this day, although not flyable ATM) an original sky fly i bought new. the yellow version. the tail it torn to shreds on account of some recent kittens we have had in my basement. i want to make a new FB tail for it and make a more conventional pushrod system