Attachment browser New to Flite Test from Belgium Antwerp.

Wil

Hoy,
another Flite test newby.

Living in Antwerp Belgium Europ.
Not really new to rc, I've driven some rc-buggy's many, many years ago.
Flying (especially electric) was to expensive (and my buildings skills were to low)

I learned already that a lot have changed:
- Graupner and Robbe are mostly gone.
- You don't need to put a flag on the antenna of your transmitter ( you don't have 1,5 m. antenna anyway )
- Every transmitter, receiver, speed controller and some servo's are µcontrollers witch need to be configurated and updated. And of-course every brand is using there own communication protocols.
- And last but not least, regulations, regulations and regulations…

For the moment I’m playing with flight simulation (Reflex XTR²) and hoping to get Phoenixrc running (need another usb-controller). I don’t know how this compares to the real thing, but we will see.

Scrivner

Welcome! I'm new as well. I had always wanted to get into RC flying as well but like you, the price had always been too high for me. As you said much has changed over the years and I've found things have become more affordable. I found Flite Test in March. I ordered the quick-build kit for the Tiny Trainer and Power Pack and put it together. Flew RC for the first time a few weeks ago. My son and I have been having a great time with it. And we're starting our first scratch build.

Hope that you will have as much fun as we're having!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Welcome to both of you I am sure you will soon get use to all the changes, I am also a born again RC geek but been at it for a couple of years now and a modest collection of planes, foam, balsa and foamboard.
The flite test planes are an easy and affordable way into the hobby, particularly if you scratch build and with practice you can build some decent models.
Good luck happy flying (and crashing that's part of the hobby too).