Enjoying Flite Test after a 10 year break from RC

Garian

Hi peeps! I just thought I'd drop a line here to say hello and introduce myself. I first starting flying in 2006 and flew pretty actively through 2012. Then the combination of my daughter's birth and some health problems took me out of the hobby for a long while. Earlier this year my daughter started showing some interest in rc planes so I've jumped back into the hobby--fortunately I kept a lot of my old airframes and gear and a lot of it is still working very well.

I would say that I'm a "decent" builder but not a particularly good one. I enjoy it though. There's something very special about seeing something you built with your own hands take to the sky. I'm a solidly good flyer but I'm still shaking off a decade's worth of rust. I do pretty well with aerobatics and pretty decent with 3d flight. My takeoffs and landings are "almost" always good. ;-)

So far I'm flying some old ARFs, some Eflite stuff, and some scratch built Flite Test planes. I'm really impressed by the Flite Test plans and videos. They put out some pretty great content and this community seems to be really awesome. In terms of Flite Test stuff so far I've scratch build 2 Nutballs, 1 FT Flyer (with my daughter), and 1 Bloody Baron. They've all been pretty easy builds and good flyers--though it takes me a while to get the Nutballs dialed in.

My Bloody Pirate had it's maiden flight today and was pretty easy to dial in. I'm very impressed with how it flew!

Pics of the Emoji, Dragon, and Bloody Pirate:

Emoji.jpeg
DragonRCPlane.jpeg
BloodyPirate.jpeg

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Welcome (back)! Flite Test got a lot of us back in the hobby. If you want a consistently good flier try the simple scout or the swappable spitfire - they're everyone's favorites.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: That'll get some discussion going!

Garian

I'll add those to the list. Baby Blender might be next--I've got a power system that would be perfect for it. I also love bipes.

I'm also flying a FT Super Cub and I was given a FT 3d XL that just needs an rx and programming

Also thinking about the Mini Arrow and Super Bee. I "want" all of them lol. It's just a matter of time and money and what gets my attention next.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
If you love bipes then here's a shameless plug -
:)