Back into it

Andreas

Greetings all from the Great White North (eh!) Guelph, Ontario actually. New again to the hobby. Flew .40 size Ugly Stick gasser many years back. Got interested again when I got a small quad awhile ago. The hobby has advanced so much. Anyway, the whole concept of foam board electrics is fantastic! And the best thing is how affordable it can be (still have a mortgage and three kids at home). My main interest is aerial photography and video. I bought the Stratocam from Horizon and its great. Also bought a Bloody Wonder speedbuild kit for some fun and as a way of learning to build with foam and hot glue. I am looking for a larger slow flying plane as a camera platform. I was thinking of the Spear maybe.

Crazy Goats

Hey! Welcome to the forum! Yes, the hobby has certainly progressed. It is quite nice to have such cheap electronics so readily available. I haven't used any of those planes you mentioned, but the FT explorer is a great camera platform. With the trainer wing it is incredibly stable.

Best wishes to you!

Jordan3367

Greetings all from the Great White North (eh!) Guelph, Ontario actually. New again to the hobby. Flew .40 size Ugly Stick gasser many years back. Got interested again when I got a small quad awhile ago. The hobby has advanced so much. Anyway, the whole concept of foam board electrics is fantastic! And the best thing is how affordable it can be (still have a mortgage and three kids at home). My main interest is aerial photography and video. I bought the Stratocam from Horizon and its great. Also bought a Bloody Wonder speedbuild kit for some fun and as a way of learning to build with foam and hot glue. I am looking for a larger slow flying plane as a camera platform. I was thinking of the Spear maybe.

Hi, welcome to the hobby!
Aerial video is a lot of fun, I would definitely recommend the FT explorer as a good camera platform. The Raiden is another good one: http://flitetest.com/articles/fpv-raiden-purpose-designed-fpv-ship However, it doesn't have a rudder, so depending on your style, the FT Explorer is probably better.

Bricks

Master member
You could also build the FT Versa blunt nose carries weight and can fly and glide forever if you have some wind..

Andreas

I was looking at the Versa Wing in the pusher configuration. I have a little point and shoot Pentax that does video in 720p, its about the same size as a gopro. I'll check out the explorer too. Thanks.