Balsa USA Stick 40 plus

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Bad choice of words should of used bolt does the bolt get into the nylon part of the nut so it locks the mounting bolts from vibrating loose? Don`t just tighten the prop nut double nut it and lock them together you will thank me later if it ever throws a prop with just the one prop nut on no matter how tight you tighten it..
Thanks. When I first got the engine I didn't understand why there were two until yesterday. One is made to fit into the other because one has some metal extending from it and the other has a cavity for the metal to go into.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I decided to remove the monokote from the left wingtip because it wasn't on ver even, and it was doubled up in many areas. I'll recover it better next time. I also decided on an Admiral 6-7ch receiver with a gyro for camera stability.https://www.motionrc.com/collection...mx-compatible-receiver-with-6-axis-stabilizer
D6A9AB6B-84B3-4ADB-B153-90B31AD957FE.jpeg
56169BF3-8992-4969-805A-D118BEDA8A44.jpeg

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Its looking much better with the recovered wingtips, and the wing loading is also better because of the reduced weight since the monokote at the wingtips had anywhere from 2-4 layers in some spots. All that I need to fly it now is a LiFe battery and the Admiral receiver with a gyro. For a plane this size what size of LiFe batteries should I get for this plane?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bricks

Master member
I've decided on a 2200mah 2s LiFe for the receiver battery.

That will give you days and days of flying time with out recharging, should set up some type of timer LIFE battereis are great but they give you no warning before the voltage drops off NI-MH at least one starts to notice a sluggishness when they get low on voltage. Make a flight or two and put LIFE battery on charger and see how much juice you used to get some idea of flight time before recharge.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
That will give you days and days of flying time with out recharging, should set up some type of timer LIFE battereis are great but they give you no warning before the voltage drops off NI-MH at least one starts to notice a sluggishness when they get low on voltage. Make a flight or two and put LIFE battery on charger and see how much juice you used to get some idea of flight time before recharge.
That's actually what Joe from Balsa USA told me to do to make sure I don't lose control and crash in the next area code

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I am essentially ready to fly the plane. I set up a model on the radio with triple rates and expo. I also programmed a throttle cut which would cut off the oxygen to the engine. All I need is velcro to attatch the receiver pack, reciever, and sattelite receivers. I plane to go to the field and have a pilot experienced with glow engines help me tune it. Then it can finally fly 🙂

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I cleaned out the engine Carb and exhaust and something had clogged the part of the exhaust which goes back into the fuel tank. It should run again in a week or two

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I've been looking online for a while, and I couldn't find a the manual for the O.S. FS 61 four stroke engine. I need to find one since we've ruled out everything but the head spacing (don't think I'm using the right term, 4 strokes are complicated) is likely what's causing an inconsistent throttle output, and especially idle

MarkPrima

in all honesty you could eyeball it. I think BUSA's beginner series shows the steps to find the right dihedral.

Thanks Ryan O - as thinking the Junior Telemaster wing I have may be a good fit - BTW what is "BUSA's beginner series" you mention?

Last edited:

MarkPrima

Thanks again Ryan O, yes that Beginners series is very good, I watched a lot of them.
Pictures of the dimensions? I don't quite understand of what?

Last edited: