battery choice

dziugaskrs

I wanna buy a new battery and I am unsure if I should buy 2 third party batteries or 1 Spektrum smart battery. My main question is about the smart tech, I don't have a smart charger so I don't need info there, because i use a third part charger (I have the G1 Spektrum 3200mah 3s 30c right now) And my main concern is about inflight data, dose it effect flight? Dose it only transmit info to the telemetry system with a smart battery or can I use those that are not smart? (aka third party) Link to the third party

DaveM

CEO Flite Test
I wanna buy a new battery and I am unsure if I should buy 2 third party batteries or 1 Spektrum smart battery. My main question is about the smart tech, I don't have a smart charger so I don't need info there, because i use a third part charger (I have the G1 Spektrum 3200mah 3s 30c right now) And my main concern is about inflight data, dose it effect flight? Dose it only transmit info to the telemetry system with a smart battery or can I use those that are not smart? (aka third party) Link to the third party
I assume you have a Spektrum transmitter? If yes, then the flight information can be transmitted to you via the telemetry link. Using a non Spektrum, non smart battery will mean it will not transmit telemetry data to your transmitter.

There is an entire world of telemetry in the open source world of EdgeTx based transmitters and RF of Express LRS.