Battery vol err

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
First time for everything... so I have a new battery and I get this alarm while charging. Not quite sure what to do. Help!
CAM00002[1].jpg

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
What battery and where did you buy it?

I know that once in a while someone will get a bad battery.

It could be a bad connection inside of the battery. I have a battery that when I use it, the plane will have full power and work great, then all of a sudden it will have half of the power. I know it's not the motor or ESC because I've tried other ESCs and motors and the only common piece is the battery. The same ESC and motor with a different battery works fine. So it certainly could be a bad battery.

Check the voltage on the battery. Sometimes they show up dead. And by dead I mean beyond being able to ever charge it again. (Below 3 volts a cell.)

DDSFlyer

Sorry for my ignorant question but did you connect the balance cable before starting the charge? My charger won't try and charge without the proper cell count from the readings it eaters from the balance connector

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Well i have two Turnigy 3s 1300 mah from HK that i just got... now they are the only "good" lipos i have. i already recycled everything else. I checked the charger manual and says "bad connection at individual connection, check connections carefully" or something to the extent. there is no signs of bad wires to the batts, so i don't see a bad connection. What i don't get is when i got them i storage charged them both and I'm getting this after a few weeks. i guess i will have to get a multimeter tomarrow and check the voltage directly.

so yes i do plug in the balance ports before i start charging. it starts charging for a few mins and then fault, both batts.

so ill start my battle again tomarrow.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Kurt,

I've had that problem with packs where the connectors aren't making good connections. For me, the fix is to unplug everything and plug it all back in again.

I've found this is more common with certain packs, usually bought in the same order. It doesn't exactly build my confidence in them, but I've also found my frequent troublemakers perform better if I gently press in on the connector end of the pack. It could be a weak connection on the balance lines inside the pack, but since I only use the middle pins for monitoring and charging, I haven't taken the trouble to rip into the pack to inspect.

Patnaude_av8r

Kurt, Ive had this exact thing happen to me, after researching this I found that my charger was bad, or in my case a cheap fake from china I ordered from Amazon. Mine was a IMax B6, almost identical to the turnigy model you have. I had two brand new 3s 1000mah from Lazertoyz that wouldn't balance charge, or storage charge correctly. I ordered a quenuine charger from Lazertoyz and now I'm charging 4 batts a day without any problems. I'd say if you have a friend with a similar charger test your batts on his charger and visa versa, his batts on your charger. That would narrow the problem quickly. Sorry to hear your having this problem.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Thanks for the inputs guys. I will continues trouble shooting. I pray I get this sorted, until then I'm Grounded :mad:.

Happy flying!

con244

Kurt I have had this problem when I was trying to charge too fast. I think it has something to do with the amount of amps the batteries are trying to draw. Try reducing the charge rate.
Con