Best way to mount flight controller to the electrohub

Horty

What is the best way to mount a flight controller to the electrohub?

Currently I have my KK 2.1.5 mounted with double sided adhesive anti-vibration foam. This seems to be a really common method but I have seen several other and am wondering if one is better than the other.

Other methods I have seen include the flight controller mounting board from the FT shop (https://store.flitetest.com/flight-control-board-mounting-plate-36mm-x-36mm/) and nylon standoff pegs.

Is one of these, or another, method the best? If so, what kind of difference am I going to notice?

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
I use one of these on my Naze32 -
41T+GdZP7rL._AC_UL320_SR314,320_.jpg
It's 2 thin carbon fiber plates separated with rubber bobbins.
The board is attached with those black fan-mount "screws".
I this it cost me like $5 including shipping and included some extra bobbins.
I have since bought a life-time supply of the black "screws" after I broke some removing the board.
It's a bit large, but works OK for me.

Best regards,
PCH

yeah, there is a raging debate. APM/Pixhawk people like the bobbin mounts too if you have the space, but many have great experiences with the foam as well. You want it 'rigid', not too bouncy, with some minimal give. The frequencies we're trying to dampen are relatively high.

I had been using the Kyosho Zeal but now I have heard from some others that this is not great for flight controllers, so as with many things you will hear varying and sometimes contrary suggestions :)