Bomber Command

unrauv

Avro Lancaster and B-17
20151030_150402.jpg

I have to clip down and balance the B-17 props to 7" Dia.
20151030_150416.jpg

I have to learn how to fiber glass my foam parts, too soft.
20151030_150433.jpg

unrauv

Thanks man, I really appreciate that, I just love designing them and making them come to life. My next 4 engine project will be the Lockheed Super Constellation. I have to perfect my fiber glassing on the Lockheed Electra 12A.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Vincent,

If you need a place to store all those planes, there's plenty of room in my basement. :) Awesome work man!

earthsciteach

For glassing, try 0.56 oz/ sq yd from this link: http://thayercraft.com/104.htm
Use water based polycrylic instead of resin. Drape the cloth over the parts you are covering and apply just enough Polycrylic to seat the cloth to the surfaces. You will want a squeegee for this.

Allow that to set up and cure. Then, lightly sand everything, removing imperfections as needed. This involves more than I am including. Just take your time. The next coat will be a 50/50 mix of polycrylic and talcum (baby) powder. I realize how ridiculous this sounds, but it will give you and amazing finish! Sand with 500 on up to 800 or 1200 grit. Take your time. It will turn out nice!

unrauv

Bomber Command Request

Seeing as how I already have covered all the famous Allied four engine bombers Lancaster and B-17, I would be remiss in not including the B-24 Liberator. I may do this one in a 1850, 6' version.

B24Liberator.png

Last edited: