Build plans printed not to scale?

RipGroove

I don't have a large enough printer so gave the PDF to our office department where I work as they have a large plotter. The guy selected A1 and pressed print but the plans came out too small, the centimetre scale on the print is measuring 8mm, so the plans are 20% too small. Where did he go wrong?

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
When they selected A1, that probably meant size it to fit on A1 sized paper. You don't want to scale to fit your print area. You want to print actual size. If A1 is not big enough then it will still tile, just fewer tiles.

What plans are you trying to print? We can go into Adobe, cut it up and make some A1 sized plans. We can avoid tiling and just make it multiple pages. The options are endless. Just need a little more info.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
I'm going to assume that you are still interested in the FT Mustang.

Let me take a look at the plans. I can make a PDF that will print on A-1 and not require assembling tiles. Complete parts per sheet.

RipGroove

Well that would be really handy if you could, and yes it's the Mustang plans I'm after. I will go back to the office tomorrow morning and see if he find a print to scale option on the plotter first before you go through any trouble that me not be necessary. And yeah I'm guessing ISO A1.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Here are the plans divided up to fit on A1. The originals were each just a little taller than would fit on A1.

These should print to scale if printed at A1.

I hope that helps. You might look at printing the tiled plans at home and assembling them. It is easy to do if you put them on a large window, letting the light shine through the paper. Makes getting everything lined up pretty easy. In the grand scheme of things, these planes fly fine even if the plans aren't assembled perfectly.

Attachments

• FT-MUSTANG-plans Sheet 1 A1.pdf
    379.8 KB · Views: 23
  • FT-MUSTANG-plans Sheet 2 A1.pdf
    388.4 KB · Views: 16
  • FT-MUSTANG-plans Sheet 3 A1.pdf
    26.1 KB · Views: 15
  • FT-MUSTANG-plans Sheet 4 A1.pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 12