Help! EZ ME out of 4 x 8 insulation foam, what is correct scale and where to find plans?

Gurren913

Hi everyone, long time watcher of FT and long time enthusiast but not builder. I've been trying to find those big foam jet gliders but they go for almost 20$ now!!!!
Figured it'd be more worth it to just make my own and it just so happened a friend bought 1 sheet too much R-5 1in thick insulation foam and gave it to me! The EZ ME 262 seems like it'd be a good way to start, especially with a scaled up version. No plans on actually powering it, just want a big chuck glider I can paint up nice and hang somewhere. All I need to know is where to get the plans, and then how to scale them up. I was thinking I could just buy the 3 pack and use like a printer scanner to scan the parts to blow up to something like 200% but I also wonder if that'd run afoul of the ToS.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Hi everyone, long time watcher of FT and long time enthusiast but not builder. I've been trying to find those big foam jet gliders but they go for almost 20$ now!!!!
Figured it'd be more worth it to just make my own and it just so happened a friend bought 1 sheet too much R-5 1in thick insulation foam and gave it to me! The EZ ME 262 seems like it'd be a good way to start, especially with a scaled up version. No plans on actually powering it, just want a big chuck glider I can paint up nice and hang somewhere. All I need to know is where to get the plans, and then how to scale them up. I was thinking I could just buy the 3 pack and use like a printer scanner to scan the parts to blow up to something like 200% but I also wonder if that'd run afoul of the ToS.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
That's ok for personal use. You can try using a 3-view for basic EZ design.

Attachments

• ME262-3view.jpg
    ME262-3view.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0

Gurren913

That's ok for personal use. You can try using a 3-view for basic EZ design.
The issue is not the plans themselves, but how to 1: Translate plans meant to be printed on 2, 8.5x11 sheets of printer paper onto a 4'x8' sheet of foam. and 2: Is it even possible to do with a printer that maxes out at 11 inches?

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Yes. You can open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat, scale it up as desired, and use Poster to print. Then trim and tape them together.