Building the FT Spitfire (wings) ?

Bigeard

Hello All ,
Im very interested in forum members views on whether or not to have a fixed set of wings on the FT Spitfire speed build . As a personal preference I like the more solid fixed wing but also fully understand about having access to the electrics using an access hatch mod and then theres the other problem of transport to and from a flight area (in car) . Are there any flight differences between the fixed and detached wing ? Any ideas appreciated .

Bo123

Elite member
Maybe you should keep all this in one thread, as I see you have made another one about the spitfire. About the question though, it depends on what your preferences are. You are able to transport it in a car, and have it as a park flyer, then yes. However, if you are flying at a club setting, with many other aircraft, then I would have the removable wing.
It also depends on storage. If you don't have much space, then the removable wing. However, as it is quite a hassle to remove and install, then if you have space, then a fixed wing would be so much easier.

Bigeard

Maybe you should keep all this in one thread, as I see you have made another one about the spitfire. About the question though, it depends on what your preferences are. You are able to transport it in a car, and have it as a park flyer, then yes. However, if you are flying at a club setting, with many other aircraft, then I would have the removable wing.
It also depends on storage. If you don't have much space, then the removable wing. However, as it is quite a hassle to remove and install, then if you have space, then a fixed wing would be so much easier.

First thanks Bo123 for your input . As I am new to the whole FB thing , I am jumping around the forum trying to get as much info and advice I can before committing to whichever model I choose and as such I just reply on whichever thread I am reading at the time . I am sure if I put it all down in one go all of my answers will not be answered so hence the reason . hope people understand