Built a plane for my wife

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
So a few days ago i took my wife flying for the first time with an FT flyer and she did awesome. I started her on that because it was a quick build but I've never been a huge fan of its flying characteristics. I adapted an old bi plane plan I found a while back to work with foam. I feel like its a real easy flyer and I wanted her to have a plane that uses a conventional airfoil for lift and not have to fly high alpha all the time. I cut the foam out and built it last night while she was at work. I was even able to paint it and have it ready and waiting when she came home this morning to surprise her. I think it turned out pretty cool and I can't wait to fly it with her!

Here are some pictures

Justin

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
Well its a proven design, I've been flying one for about 6 months. I have a thread buried in this forum somewhere about it. Its nice because its 3 channels and due to it being a bi plane it can really slow down a lot

Tater76

Would you happen to have any plans for this? I've always wanted to build a Bipe. The wing almost looks like the Bloody wonder design? What about adding ailerons?

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
Thanks everyone!

Tater, I have plans in another thread. I'll find it and link to this one. I've tried ailerons on the bottom wing but wasn't very happy with how it flew. The wings might have too much dihedral and with ailerons on only one, the other may be fighting it, not really sure. The original balsa model was 3ch and thats the way I've kept it. The wing is similar in style to the Baby Blender or Bloody Wonder.

defhermit, I did have landing gear on the bottom wing of an earlier version but we fly in fields so its just easier to belly land for the most part.

bpw823

Junior Mastermind
On your old post, you turned a CAD file into a PDF... is it possible to post a legitimate CAD file for the best accuracy? I have access to a laser cutter so I could use the most accurate plans for this. It's so good looking, I love it!

Also, what is the electronics setup?

Last edited:

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
bpw823, I can upload the cad I used to cut this plane out yesterday. It should include all the foam and wood parts except the power pod and control horns.

I'm running turnigy 9g servos, 18 amp plush esc, hextronik 24g 1300kv, 1000mah 3s, and 9x4.7 slow fly prop.

Akimbo, I mentioned the aileron thing above. For now, its a no but I may try again someday.