Bushwacker control problems

Akosmensky

Hey folks, I have a Tiny Trainer that works perfectly. I upgraded to the Bushwacker and everything works great on the ground, but the moment I'm airborne, I have no control. It will bank but it won't yank. Then it will yank but it won't bank. I've crashed so many times I've completely ruined the fuselage and wing. All I can do is try to land it safely in a straight line from where I took off. Throttle is fine all the time. I have it set up for flaperons.

Any ideas?

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
Hey folks, I have a Tiny Trainer that works perfectly. I upgraded to the Bushwacker and everything works great on the ground, but the moment I'm airborne, I have no control. It will bank but it won't yank. Then it will yank but it won't bank. I've crashed so many times I've completely ruined the fuselage and wing. All I can do is try to land it safely in a straight line from where I took off. Throttle is fine all the time. I have it set up for flaperons.

Any ideas?
Make sure your push rods aren’t flexing around. And moving the cg forward could be a fix too.

Akosmensky

Make sure your push rods aren’t flexing around. And moving the cg forward could be a fix too.
The control rod on the elevator flexes a lot, but the cg feels great, even slightly nose heavy when holding it under the wings. I guess I could add weights to the nose, but what do I do to stop the control rod flex?

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
The control rod on the elevator flexes a lot, but the cg feels great, even slightly nose heavy when holding it under the wings. I guess I could add weights to the nose, but what do I do to stop the control rod flex?
What I do to stop flex is get some small zip ties and tighten them all the way up around the push rod then cut a point on the tail of the zip tie poke it into the foamboard and glue it in place. It may take a couple of them. If it’s flexing on the ground it’s going to be absolutely useless up in the air.

Akosmensky

What I do to stop flex is get some small zip ties and tighten them all the way up around the push rod then cut a point on the tail of the zip tie poke it into the foamboard and glue it in place. It may take a couple of them. If it’s flexing on the ground it’s going to be absolutely useless up in the air.
That's got to be my problem. Thanks for the tip!

Taildragger

Legendary member
I'll try adding some weights to the nose. 2300 mah battery is already all the way forward. It feels good when holding it up by my fingers under the center of the wings. Even feels a bit nose heavy.
That's got to be my problem. Thanks for the tip!
if its not the problem look into it being too nose heavy. Planes that fly too nose heavy act really weird, for example look at this:

Akosmensky

OK, so I installed zip ties on the push rods and I think I found the main issue. I had my ailerons way, way too low. I stupidly aligned them with the center of the wing instead of aligning them with the main section of the wing. This was resulting in them not throwing far enough upwards to maneuver correctly. It was like trying to fly at -100% flaperons at all time. It's too windy to fly right now, so I'll have to try tomorrow. I think this should do it, though.

Bricks

Master member
Be sure your control surfaces are moving in the right direction, just because of the way you explained part of the problem move stick left it goes right etc.