Help! Will those parts work together?

tao07

I am looking for a new interactive hobby and found RC flying to be a candidate. I have researched some parts and found those.

1703527354574.png

I am gonna use a Radiomaster Pocket
It started originally as a drone, but then I decided to make a drone, because I want to become an airline pilot and then a RC plane could be fun to try and see if flying is my thing. I am going to use it for video (mounting a small camera).

I am completely new to RC, so I have some (maybe stupid) questions:
How many servos can you connect to the FC and how do you connect them? Using the ic2 to an another microcontroller and then let that microcontroller control the servos?

The radio have some switches. Can I like enable one of the switches, and then use the gimbal to control a different set of servos (I have flight servos to like steer the plane and then servos to control a camera).

How much (total) can this setup theoretically get airborne (in kg).

What is the expected flight time?

Lastly will all these components at all match together and work?

My servos is SG90 - is that good enough?

Bricks

Master member
Nope not used for airplanes if you want a flight controller you need to look for winged flight controller, what you have there will work in a quad thou.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I am looking for a new interactive hobby and found RC flying to be a candidate. I have researched some parts and found those.

View attachment 241513
I am gonna use a Radiomaster Pocket
It started originally as a drone, but then I decided to make a drone, because I want to become an airline pilot and then a RC plane could be fun to try and see if flying is my thing. I am going to use it for video (mounting a small camera).

I am completely new to RC, so I have some (maybe stupid) questions:
How many servos can you connect to the FC and how do you connect them? Using the ic2 to an another microcontroller and then let that microcontroller control the servos?

The radio have some switches. Can I like enable one of the switches, and then use the gimbal to control a different set of servos (I have flight servos to like steer the plane and then servos to control a camera).

How much (total) can this setup theoretically get airborne (in kg).

What is the expected flight time?

Lastly will all these components at all match together and work?

My servos is SG90 - is that good enough?
If you remove the FC, get an ESC, and change the RX to something like a Matek R24-P ELRS PWM RX it will work. Requires intermediate level soldering. Costs $18 - $25 for the RX.

Last edited: