Can bullet connecters act as male XT60s?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
.... My question is, can I cut off the dean, and solder on two bullets? And plug it in that way?
It may work but I would not recommend it. At some time you will reverse the polarity and regret the choice.

A better choice, cut off the deans and solder on an XT60 connecter. Or make a deans to XT60 adapter from one of the other ends that came with the charger. If you don’t want to make one, you can buy a deans to XT60 adapter.

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
I’ll second what @Merv suggested. It will work, but there’s a high chance of accidently reversing polarity.

Not only this ^^^ but a good chance of shorting a battery as the female ends are not covered IF by chance plug the battery in first with the lose ends.

I did this accidently when my bullet connectors were not plugged into my charger....WHOOPS sparks flew.

SSgt Duramax

Noted. I ordered some XT60s. Better to spend 10$ now and be safe, then save a few bucks and ruin batteries/the charger later.
Thats good. You can get a sizeable handful off amazon or ebay for that. They are always nice to have around in case you order a ESC or battery that doesn't come with them.

Everything I use has XT60s. I don't bother with any other size. I had some batteries from my rustler that didn't quite work in it I converted for plane use.

FieldRC

Thats good. You can get a sizeable handful off amazon or ebay for that. They are always nice to have around in case you order a ESC or battery that doesn't come with them.

Everything I use has XT60s. I don't bother with any other size. I had some batteries from my rustler that didn't quite work in it I converted for plane use.
Exactly. Next time I see a good deal for ESC/batt that doesn't use an XT60, I'll be prepared.