Can you use basting spray to join paper to poster board?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I was following the poster board template tutorial (https://www.flitetest.com/articles/make-reusable-templates-from-plans) and wondered if I can use basting spray to join the paper to the poster board. Thank you!
I don’t know, never tried it. I cover my plans with clear packing tape, then cut them out. Then just use paper weight or two to hold the templet steady while I trace the plan onto the foam.

Give the spray a try and report the results back to us. That’s what this forum is about, sharing what works.

Last edited:

agupt108

I don’t know, never tried it. I cover my plans with clear packing tape, then cut them out. Then just use paper weight or two to hold the templet steady while I trace the plan onto the foam.

Give the spray a try and report the results back to us. That’s what this forum is about, sharing what works.
So I tried it...the results are mixed. I put two equal sized pieces of printer paper on each side of poster board, one on the more glossy side and one on the smoother side. The glossy side one did not stick very well, but the smooth side was very nice adhesion. However both sprays made the posterboard bend a little...so probably wise to put weights on the posterboard corners while spraying and putting on!