Making Kraft Foam board

scattercat_123

Hi guys if anyone is living in India or somewhere else and trying to make an RC plane with Kraft foam board with the help of the YouTube channel kendin yap can you tell me if there is a way to make Kraft foam board? per my idea, I have thought to buy depron sheets and kraft paper separately and with white glue stick it to make kraft foamboard. has anyone done it? Please explain about lightweight adhesive and if I could do conical cuts on the kraft foam board.

I also thought to cover the wings with only with kraft paper and the other structure with tape? i guess it would make it lighter
wink.gif

also im usind derpon(xps)​

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
... I have thought to buy depron sheets and kraft paper separately and with white glue stick it to make kraft foamboard. has anyone done it? ...
I have not seen anyone do this with depron but I don't know why it would not work. I have seen paper used to cover a wing cut from foam. If I recall they used white glue thinned with water. They painted the thinned glue onto the paper then applied the paper to the foam & let it dry.
...I also thought to cover the wings with only with kraft paper and the other structure with tape? i guess it would make it lighter...​
Here is a video using packing tape to cover depron. I have also seen laminating film used. I cover all of my foamboard planes with colored packing tape, it's very light weight.

If they quit making FB, I would build planes out of ordinary cardboard boxes, the stuff your amazon package comes in.

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
... if there is a way to make Kraft foam board?...
Maybe @cdfigueredo can give us an update

You might find some ideas in this FT article

Here is a forum thread with more

Last edited: