can't decide on airframe

sarpilot

Ok collecting electronics before the plane.
Here is what I have Turnigy 9xr pro
Ezuhf jr module ezuhf receiver light
Ezosd
5.8ghz 1 watt china ebay video transmit and receiver
Ardupilot with gps and compass

Gopro 3 and also have sony effio-e board camera

Need range and flight time for search and rescue use.
Possibilities
Skymule
HK Sky Eye
Turnigy Tec Sumo
Tool box copter

Any other suggestions would be appreciated and tell me why.

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Need range and flight time for search and rescue use.
Possibilities
Skymule
HK Sky Eye
Turnigy Tec Sumo
Tool box copter

Any other suggestions would be appreciated and tell me why.

Why don't you tell us why yours are an option for you, and what the benefits and disadvantages for each of those are to you? That'll give us an idea on what your requirements are, and we can give better advice.

You have planes as well as a multirotor in your list. If you're shooting for long range/endurance, a plane is probably better...

TehMaxwell

Tales of a Rookie
Why don't you tell us why yours are an option for you, and what the benefits and disadvantages for each of those are to you? That'll give us an idea on what your requirements are, and we can give better advice.

You have planes as well as a multirotor in your list. If you're shooting for long range/endurance, a plane is probably better...

Stay fun got there before me! More requirements would definitely help! As SF says though if you are looking for endurance you definitely want a plane, due to the glide slope. Something like the FX-79 Buffalo would be perfect, lots of space and efficient flight performance. Or even an RV Jet that Flite Test also reviewed.

sarpilot

30 minutes flight time for saftey so in reality 45 minutes worth of flight time. Ability to fly fast and also slow to get to corn fields quickly then fly slow enough to try and see down into them.

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
High payload and flight time results in a heavy multirotor, needing bigger motors and bigger batteries... and getting expensive.

Does one of the planes you mention have flaps? Flaps allow for slower flight. Especially when mixed with flaperons.

Pushjerk

Two words: SKY. HUNTER.

Can fly fast. Can fly slow. Tons of room for gear, batteries, multiple camera mounting options. And, RMRC will be carrying them soon.

TehMaxwell

Tales of a Rookie
From the information you have given, you would be hard pushed to get 30mins plus on a Multirotor without seriously putting your money on the line. With an OK setup on a plane you can quite easily get 30mins plus, as PushJerk said the Sky Hunter is a great buy as is the FX-79 Buffalo that I mentioned previously.

All in all I think your going to need a plane if you don't want to make a really serious investment.