Charging trouble and "thermal protection" mode

Duck

I ran into a problem with a new battery I bought from the store. I did a short flight on it partially charged from the store with a low voltage beeper. When I went to recharge it my charger is giving me a "thermal warning". The battery is cool to the touch. The charger fan doesn'the kick on either. The charger is "primal" branded. It gives a red/green flashing once I start the charging cycle at 0.5 amps. I bought a pair at the flite test store and the other charged fine. Supposedly it would charge slowly at thermal protection mode but 13 hours later it was still flashing.

https://store.flitetest.com/lumenier-2250mah-3s-35c-lipo-battery/

The charger manual says:
g. ERROR
i. FLASHING RED/GREEN: Charger is in thermal protection mode. Charging current has been reduced to minimum to allow for
the charger to cool back down to normal operating temperatures. When charger has cooled, normal charging will resume. If
you see this error, direct a cooling fan at the charger, with the air blowing away from yourself or any flammable objects

Anything I can do or just a bad battery?

Duck

It does work with other batteries. I bought two identical batteries and one works and the other doesn't. I can also charge all my other batteries just fine. The only thing I can think of the is battery has an issue with the balance connector and is telling the charger something funny.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
That is odd... Does your charger show the individual cell voltages? A low voltage alarm usually does this as well. All I can think is that its really unbalanced.

Duck

I put my buzzer in to measure the voltages after the "charging" cycle and it doesn't turn on.
If it was salvagable before now it isn't any more.