Battery from Flite Test Tutor kit

Jetsetblack

Hello all,

My son and I purchased a Flite Test Tutor kit at Flite fest 23 and just finished building it. We attempted to fly it and the propeller was spinning but it just didn’t seem to have enough power to make the plane fly. This plane came with a Tattu 1300 mah battery (TAA13003S45x6). The charger that came with it shows 3 solid green leds for cells1,2, and 3 when it is plugged in. I took a multimeter and plugged it into the connector that goes to the ESC. When checking with the meter, I read only 7.8V. Is the battery supposed to measure more like 11.1 V? If i use my meter on the 4 pin connector, I read 3.9 across the first two pins(red to first black pin). I read 7.8 from first red pin to second black pin, and when I measure from first red pin to farthest (3rd) black pin I measure 7.8v. Is my battery bad? Is my charger bad? Any suggestions? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Foamforce

Hello all,

My son and I purchased a Flite Test Tutor kit at Flite fest 23 and just finished building it. We attempted to fly it and the propeller was spinning but it just didn’t seem to have enough power to make the plane fly. This plane came with a Tattu 1300 mah battery (TAA13003S45x6). The charger that came with it shows 3 solid green leds for cells1,2, and 3 when it is plugged in. I took a multimeter and plugged it into the connector that goes to the ESC. When checking with the meter, I read only 7.8V. Is the battery supposed to measure more like 11.1 V? If i use my meter on the 4 pin connector, I read 3.9 across the first two pins(red to first black pin). I read 7.8 from first red pin to second black pin, and when I measure from first red pin to farthest (3rd) black pin I measure 7.8v. Is my battery bad? Is my charger bad? Any suggestions? Thanks

What Merv said. According to your test, it seems like the main leads are connected wrong.

Just for fun, I would run that on the motor for a few minutes to drop the voltage a little. Then use your multimeter and test between wires 1 (red) and 2, then between 2 and 3, and then between 3 and 4. That will show you your three individual cell voltages. When freshly charged, those should read close to 4.2v each. If your main lead is connected only between two of the three cells, then two of your cells should show a lower voltage than the third. Only run this test for amusement though, we already know that there’s something wrong. 🙂

Yankee2003

Hello all,

Is the propeller on correctly, is it spinning in the right direction?