Solved Compatibility check

OlliePackman

Ranger_107

Elite member
yep. that should all work fine. make sure ur esc has plugs, and if not, ur gonna need to solder on new ones. but otherwise, ur good.
also do you have a spektrum tx?

OlliePackman

yep. that should all work fine. make sure ur esc has plugs, and if not, ur gonna need to solder on new ones. but otherwise, ur good.
also do you have a spektrum tx?
Actually just checked, I don't have Xt60 connectors in stock. Would I be alright with using the FliteTest 35amp esc with presoldered connectors?

Ranger_107

Elite member
Actually just checked, I don't have Xt60 connectors in stock. Would I be alright with using the FliteTest 35amp esc with presoldered connectors?
yes. that should work fine. trie to buy most of the stuff of ft, bcuase they usually have reliable parts, great customer service, and most of the ft products come with plugs pre soldered

OlliePackman

yes. that should work fine. trie to buy most of the stuff of ft, bcuase they usually have reliable parts, great customer service, and most of the ft products come with plugs pre soldered
Some of the stuff is just expensive and I'm trying to do this wing for under 60 pounds which I think is about 75 dollars

quorneng

Master member
My comment is the EMAX GT2215-09 1180KV motor is capable of driving more than a 9x6 so is a touch heavier than it need be. The 50A ESC has well over twice the amps capacity required with that motor driving a 9x6.
Perfectly safe, yes, but truly well matched? Not really.

OlliePackman

My comment is the EMAX GT2215-09 1180KV motor is capable of driving more than a 9x6 so is a touch heavier than it need be. The 50A ESC has well over twice the amps capacity required with that motor driving a 9x6.
Perfectly safe, yes, but truly well matched? Not really.
I'm using an 8 x 6? And I'm going with a 35a ft esc now.