Correct Transmitter & Receiver

tntrcnutz

the best advice I can give you is to save up and get a good quality radio period ,
I have been in this hobby for 32 years and have seen the commings and goings of it all
I recommend for you to get a futaba 6j . it has a 15 model memory and comes with 1 receiver
..... the fr sky recievers work very well with this also www.valeuhobby.com.....
a lot of people like the spectrum radios but you will never see me with one again

but honestly for what you are looking to spend your going to get what you pay for
so the checks and balances of it is that if you have a cheap radio that cost you a couple of crashes or planes
the repair or replacement cost could be the price to buy a good radio

Toby_Warren

Welcome to the forum!

Are you just getting started in the hobby? If so, the plane you have selected is not for beginners.

If your transmitter budget is limited to $30, I would recommend this transmitter:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8338__Hobby_King_2_4Ghz_4Ch_Tx_Rx_V2_Mode_2_.html

Keep in mind you will have to connect it to a PC to set everything up, and you can only bind one plane at a time.

Nah nah I'm not new I'm just used to using 4 channel RTF Eg: P-51D Ultra micro, spitfire and a few bigger ones. but I'm going for an upgrade today. (I Fell in love with this plane)

Toby_Warren

I Also have lots of logic when flying so i am able to do what ever it takes to land without breaking tho its hard when one of your planes came with a bent nose (It crashed on maiden flight because its motor broke out of the nose)

Toby_Warren

channels

I'm assuming that the 5th and 6th channel are for the lights and landing gear so if necessary I can have a 4 channel transmitter and receiver?

Toby_Warren

Here are a couple things to consider before buying that plane and a new transmitter.

First, I am not sure if it is true, but one of the comments on that plane on Hobby King's site said that HK is discontinuing that model. If that is true, replacement parts will probably be limited or unavailable.

Second, check the receivers on your current planes. I suspect they probably use DSM2 or DSMX receivers. If they all use those, you should consider getting one that is compatible when you get a new transmitter. That way, you can control all of your planes with one transmitter. But if you go that route, make sure you get a computerized transmitter with memory for all of your planes. When you have multiple planes, it is a must-have. The cheapest transmitter I know of that meets these criteria is the Orange RX transmitter from HobbyKing. It costs $50-60 USD, which is out of the price range you specified... but orange rx receivers are only about $12. I have never used an OrangeRX transmitter, so I cannot say anything good or bad about it. I have used an OrangeRX receiver and it never gave me problems. The Orange RX transmitter is only DSM2 but I believe the DSMX receivers found in many ultra micros are backwards compatible to work with DSM2 (please correct me if I am wrong).

I had a speak with staff, and it is not discontinued and is not planned to be shutdown, further more for the money issues ill just have to work a lil harder wont i? :) cant wait to fly this plane (I'm pre ordering it but the staff said it may take a few weeks/months to restock) but i don't really care because i love this plane.