New member that needs help

Gray Cat

I am helping my son in law get a corsair finished and have a ft Aura 5 Lite receiver and a Spectrum DX6e transmitter. This is my first experience and am not able to get the receiver to bind. are these compatible with each other? Tried all the ways I could find but no luck so far. Any ideas Thanks

LitterBug

Techno Nut
You will need a spectrum reciever attatched to the FT Aura board to bind to. The FT aura is a flight controller without an integrated reciever.

Tench745

Master member
The Aura 5 is not a receiver, it is only a flight controller. You will need to bind a spektrum receiver to the transmiter, then plug the RX into the Aura.

Gray Cat

The Aura 5 is not a receiver, it is only a flight controller. You will need to bind a spektrum receiver to the transmiter, then plug the RX into the Aura.
Thanks, is there a spectrum receiver you would recommend?

I found a brand called Lemon RX DSMP that is less expensive would that be compatible?

Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Thanks, is there a spectrum receiver you would recommend?

I found a brand called Lemon RX DSMP that is less expensive would that be compatible?
lemonrx is excellent, I stopped buyiung spektrum stuff and switched to theirs a while ago. recommend it.

Gray Cat

I have had great results with the Lemon brand. As mentioned above look for a satellite receiver in the lemon lineup.
I got the lemon receiver RX DSMP, but the Aure 5 is not binding. What is the sequence to turn on the controller? Are you supposed to hold down the bind button while connecting the battery? I have tried different ways and still no luck. Also are you supposed to hold down the bind button on the transmitter when turning on the transmitter? I wonder if the controller needs to be reset to factory default settings.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...What is the sequence....
I have never touched an Aurora but this is the sequence to bind a Rx. I'm not sure if the Aurora changes anything.

1. Power on the Rx while holding the bind button. There should be a light blinking fast 2-3 times per second.

2. Power on the Tx while holding the bind button. The blinking light should go on solid. If not, move the Tx away 10 feet or so.

3. Turn off the Rx, turn off the Tx.

Some Rx's use bind plugs & some Tx's have a bind selection from the menu.

Someone else correct me if the Aurora changes the binding.

Last edited:

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I got the lemon receiver RX DSMP, but the Aure 5 is not binding. What is the sequence to turn on the controller? Are you supposed to hold down the bind button while connecting the battery? I have tried different ways and still no luck. Also are you supposed to hold down the bind button on the transmitter when turning on the transmitter? I wonder if the controller needs to be reset to factory default settings.
For reference you bind once and then power on controller then plane. What transmitter do you have?

Bricks

Master member
When you say DSMP are you talking regular receiver or the satellite receiver? If satellite receiver you can use a normal receiver to bind it to your radio before hooking it to the Aura 5, if your receiver has plug in for a satellite receiver.

Gray Cat

Still need help to get my electronics to bind. I have the Aura 5 lite controller with a lemon RX DSMP satellite receiver and the Spectrum DX6e transmitter. I have held down the bind button on the Aura 5 controller while plugging in the battery to power up the controller and satellite receiver as I was told in previous messages above. The lights do blink as I expected, so then the next step was to hold down the bind button on the Spectrum DX6e transmitter keeping it sever feet from the controller and receiver. When I do those steps, the lights just keep blinking and do not go to steady on, and the transmitter does not seem to have any effect or operate the servos connected to the controller. I have done this several times with different switch positions on the transmitter, thinking the transmitter is the problem. I am beginning to wonder if there is something I am doing incorrectly, or could there be something wrong with the equipment? I would really like to get this figured out so I could get the Corsair up in the air. Please help if you have any ideas on what the issue could be. Thanks

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
After you bind the Aura to the rx do you unplug the battery, turn off the tx, plug the battery back in then turn on the tx with the bind button held in?

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
When I was first pulling my hair out, I mean, learning the ins and outs of the Aura I got tired of plugging and unplugging the battery so I made a switch. Made it a lot easier.

IMG_018139.jpg

Gray Cat

I know what you mean about plugging and unplugging the battery. I tried your suggestion, but it did not make any difference. I am starting to think the controller is not working. According to the FT Aura instruction sheet the blinking lights indicate it is searching for a receiver (RX). The Lemon receiver lights up like it is working but the lights on the controller just keep blinking. Getting really frustrated.

Last edited:

Bricks

Master member
Do you have your DSMX satellite plugged into the correct port for Spektrum? Do you have the servos plugged in correctly?

Have you watched this videos Josh explaining setup. If you notice in the video the Arua continues to blink green when bound.

https://www.flitetest.com/ftaura5

Gray Cat

yes, the satellite is in the correct port on the control board and servos are connected with the positive towards the lights. I have watched the videos narrated by Josh several times, one lite blinks fast two times and the light on the left blinks once and I believe it is orange or red, over and over. (I am a little color blind and can't tell). Later the next day, I found some information in the Spektrum manual that may be my problem. When the transmitter is in a bind mode a indicator lights up in the top left area on the screen. Mine is not doing that when I try to bind. So. my question now is does the transmitter need to have a satellite reception in order to operate? Do I need to take this outside in order for this to work? I have been doing this work in my basement. Has anyone heard if that could be the problem? I will try to do a test tomorrow to see.

Last edited: