Solved Cubs!

OliverW

Legendary member
I have had too many faster planes get destroyed in the small field I fly at. I need a big slow cub or a cub like airplane to fly out there. Or just a big slow high winger. 55" or below preferably

JTarmstr

Elite member
I have had too many faster planes get destroyed in the small field I fly at. I need a big slow cub or a cub like airplane to fly out there. Or just a big slow high winger. 55" or below preferably

Check out the Ft Old Fogey or Old Speedster, low and slow builds.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I scratch build a Cub that may work for you. I don't have actual plans, I just took a wire drawing a scaled it to make the fuse about 30". I'm on my 3rd version of a wing. The first I didn't build strong enough & it started to flex after many flights. The second was too big, made it a floater, too hard to land. Wing V3 is about 40" x 11", by far the best of the 3. Fly's great, easy to land & capable of some acrobatics.

I use the TLAR building method (that looks about right) . Here are the wire drawings, feel free to use them if you wish. This shows the V1 wing, it worked great but may be longer than you want.

Attachments

• Cub.pdf
    84 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

OliverW

Legendary member
I scratch build a Cub that may work for you. I don't have actual plans, I just took a wire drawing a scaled it to make the fuse about 30". I'm on my 3rd version of a wing. The first I didn't build strong enough & it started to flex after many flights. The second was too big, made it a floater, too hard to land. Wing V3 is about 40" x 11", by far the best of the 3. Fly's great, easy to land & capable of some acrobatics.

I use the TLAR building method (that looks about right) . Here are the wire drawings, feel free to use them if you wish. This shows the V1 wing, it worked great but may be longer than you want.
Looks good and thanks for all the replys! I like the explorer but using one wing plan for each wing half........ I might just force my friend to cut me one out lol.

Last edited: